Development uses Unreal Engine 4. Since the State of Mind adventure launches with a deeper look at the immense technological promise. One that also encompasses the world we live in, now jumping forward to Berlin in 2048. Players take on the role of Richard Nolan, a journalist whose life is starting to fall apart. His wife and child have disappeared and his memories are slipping away.
State of Mind boasts a unique low-poly visual style. This also represents the fragmented nature of Richard’s world. Including about 15 hours of engaging gameplay.
The world is on the brink. Lack of resources, polluted air and water, crime on the rise, and rampant wars have left populations disillusioned with and detached from reality. Drones and humanoid robots replace humans in the public sector. Since everything has a connection and surveillance is omnipresent.
State of Mind – Story Trailer 2018 (Linux, Mac, Windows)
It’s down to Richard to find out what’s going on. Both in his own life and in the world around him. Since this an investigation that draws him closer to the new and supposedly perfect virtual world “City 5”. Since more and more people who are down in their real lives are now embracing. What happens when he discovers that his life in the real world is somehow linked to that of a complete stranger living out their days in this new virtual one?
State of Mind Features:
- An unsettling vision of the near future players can throw themselves into
- Dive into a multi-layered Sci-Fi thriller, where dystopian reality and digital utopia are intertwined
- Unravel a global conspiracy in a society of ubiquitous digitalism, surveillance and transhumanism
- Explore a world with a rich and unique visual style, combining realistic environments with low-poly characters
- Take on the role of journalist Richard Nolan, as well as five additional playable characters
- Use dexterity, deductional skill and research to reconstruct Richard‘s past