The latest upgrade to the Steam Client #app is quite fresh and it brings a bunch of fixes, some of the most important ones being the improved player-to-player connections and cloud synchronization fixes. Here are some of the most important ‘general’ fixes:
- Added retail disc support for FreeOnDemand apps without cd-keys
- Fixed Steam Cloud sync issues when re-launching a game immediately after exiting it
- Added support for playback of full screen HTML5 videos in the Web Browser
- Desktop client graphics updated (Big Picture controller icon, Background images)
- Fix performance problem with large numbers of concurrent p2p connections.
Here are some of the most important ‘Big Picture’ fixes:
- Fixed being able to add free games and free DLC to your library
- Added filtering of promotional messages by platform and controller type
- Added controller and OS support icons to DLC view
- Store and Library improvements have been made to help users identify locally playable content. For more information, visit
- Store settings added to enable advanced users to view all Steam content, regardless of local playability
- Search results display locally playable content first
- Improved playback of videos in the Web Browser
- Fixed youtube videos reloading when switching tabs in the Web Browser
The new Steam version for Windows users has been updated with improved in-game overlay compatibility; Linux gets fixed web views not displaying if you run Steam under multiple OS user accounts and Mac OS X gets improved Retina display graphics.
Head over to the Linux Game Consortium group and feel free to add us.