Stellar Wanderer space opera is ready for support for Linux along with Windows PC. According to details from developer Dreambuilder Studios. Due to make its way on to Steam in 2021.
Stellar Wanderer is defined as an old-school space opera. Which also takes place in a vast open world universe. The singleplayer game is actually due out in Spring 2021. Already available on both Android and iOS via the official webpage as of 2016. Plus the game reviews are certainly positive on both platforms already. Now the developer are branching out onto Windows PC. And in a recent email reply, they have the support capabilities for Linux as well.
Stellar Wanderer is made with a custom made engine. The engine is building and running on linux systems, on both 32 and 64 bits. But the rendering module was never tried. We are mostly using linux as servers with rendering and audio disabled. Since we’re experimenting with online multiplayer for a future version. The engine supports both openGL and directX (dx9 and dx11) and openAL for sound. So in theory a linux version should be relatively in reach.
Although this all looks favourable and ready for support. Developer Dreambuilder Studios are still reflecting on marketing. Ideally hoping for a successful reach and positive revenue. But I like the multiplayer reveal. Obviously the success of the game on Android and iOS has rendered positive feedback. And aside from figuring out graphics rendering, the engine is aimed at native support. Even moreso with the game servers running Linux. Therefore here’s hoping for further good new going forward.
So click your name in the Steam client. Go to Store Preferences, make sure Linux is the only platform selected. And be sure to Wishlist the game. The more community support the better.
Stellar Wanderer Steam Trailer
Stellar Wanderer will have you grow your skills. While choosing the best path that suits your play style. Become a FIGHTER, TRADER, TANK or ENGINEER. Each one has its own bonuses and special abilities. Follow the main story line or choose the side missions that you would like to play. Prove your space flight skills, mine for resources, and transport merchandise. You can be a respected bounty hunter or maybe become the most dangerous pirate in the galaxy.
Experience a variety of gorgeous space settings. Each with several interest points. Plus credits for the ship of your choice or choose multiple ships. Also tweak your ship with upgrades and enhancements.
- Story mode with 10+ hours of gameplay and voice acting.
- Choose your class between FIGHTER, TRADER, TANK or ENGINEER.
- Buy a variety of ships with unique characteristics in Stellar Wanderer.
- Dock to deep space stations to find the best weapons, shields, engines and upgrades for your ship(s).
- Explore space systems with gorgeous visuals and unique atmosphere.
- Mine valuable minerals on contract or just for yourself.
- Hunt renegades and fight space pirates.
- Protect friendly ships or escort them across dangerous zones.
- Haul goods across star systems or make emergency medical transports (just make sure you properly stash that occasional contraband – wink).
- Prove your flight skills in… space races!
- Use immersive cockpit or third person view.
- Play with mouse and keyboard or with any Xbox-type controller.
Stellar Wanderer space opera will be available for Windows PC via Steam. Expecting to release in Spring 2021. While ready for support on Linux, this will depend on development success. But does look positive. Wishlist now.