#Spearhead Games has #released Stories: The Path of Destinies on Steam and GOG. And make no mistake: While Stories has a fairytale-like charm, Reynardo’s not exactly in for a smooth ride.
Watch the launch trailer for Stories: The Path of Destinies on YouTube
In Stories, the hero Reynardo stands as the last hope to a world-consuming #war. Armed with the power to travel back in time, he explores several ways to take down the Mad Emperor, but it seems the enemy always has the upper hand. Making judicious use of his enchanted tome, Reynardo must gather knowledge about the world, its inhabitants, and its treasures if he is to confront the Emperor and live to tell the tale.
Discover the land of Boreas, forge and upgrade magical swords, and defeat the Emperor’s minions using Reynardo’s stylish and fast-paced battle style―all while navigating the hero’s destinies in a narrative reminiscent of classic choose-your-own-adventure books. Can you find a path that will lead Reynardo to victory?
- Unique choice-based narrative in which players explore many different storylines to find the path to victory
- Fluid and fast-paced combat blending acrobatic swordplay, grab attacks, special abilities, and more
- Charming hand-drawn illustrations and a colorful storybook aesthetic
- A deep skill tree where players can unlock powerful new abilities such as the Hookshot or even Time Mastery
- An arsenal of magic-infused swords that can be crafted and upgraded
- An original soundtrack that changes dynamically with every choice
Naturally we reached out to Spearhead Games and found that Stories: The Path of Destinies is built on Unreal Engine 4. So hopefully a Linux release will be in the mix:
“We have a Linux version of the game internally, but we don’t think we will have the bandwidth to push it on the market [at launch].
Releasing a Linux version of the game needs a lot of testing.”
So as native support has not been officially announced yet, it looks like Spearhead are working to put something together. In the mean time, WINE looks like the alternative. No further release details have been issued, so stay tuned.