Streets of Rogue crazy roguelite launches in Linux, Mac and Windows PC games. Thanks to developer Matt Dabrowski. Which is now live on both Humble Store and Steam.
Streets of Rogue is out of Early Access now. A roguelite about player choice, freedom and anarchic fun. The game also takes inspiration from fast paced top down roguelites. So you will see a reflection of Binding of Isaac. Even some Nuclear Throne too. While adding in free form, experimentation driven and emergent gameplay. And also bringing elements of RPG‘s like Deus Ex.
Steam statement from developer Matt Dabrowski:
If you haven’t played Streets of Rogue in awhile. You may be surprised at just how much the game has changed and expanded. I’ve been putting out substantial updates every two weeks. Since the game entered Early Access. I could go in-depth about how much content, polish and balancing work. And all that has gone into Streets of Rogue. But in the interest of brevity I’ll just put it this way. It’s gone from being a game that was worth maybe a dozen hours of your time. To something that many, many people have played for hundreds. OR (in a few cases) literally THOUSANDS of hours. There’s a lot of game in here.
Streets of Rogue Launch Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
So rather than taking place in a dungeon. The game is set in a functioning, procedurally generated city. While complex AI forms residents from all walks of life. Since they are just trying to get by in their daily activities.
- Play the game YOUR way! Don’t want to kill anybody? That’s cool! Want to hack computers? Got ya covered!
- Random world generation and TOTALLY EXTREME gameplay. Streets of Rogue offers a variety you can play for 600 hours. And also not get bored! Seriously though, go outside!!!
- Super advanced artificial intelligence that won’t put up with your crap. While you outsmart these virtual humans. And feel superior to your computer!
- Play as over 20 (and growing!) wildly different types of characters. Such as a bartender, scientist, hacker and gorilla. Hey, your job is probably in there too!
- Stupidly huge variety of items! Shrink rays, hypnotizing devices and boomboxes. Also bear traps, food processors.. Oh, and guns too.
- 4-Player online and local cooperative modes. So Streets of Rogue lets you brutalize goons AND loneliness!
- Lead a gang, free slaves, drink beer and gib ghosts. So you can become a vampire. Shrink people and stomp on them. The most insanely varied game ever made.
Streets of Rogue roguelite launch is full available. Priced at $19.99 USD for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Releasing on both Humble Store and Steam.