Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones lovecraftian horror RPG releases today for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Cultic Games we have a day one launch. Available on Humble Store, Steam and GOG.
First of all, welcome to the town of Arkham. There are unspeakable horrors from beyond the veil. Open your mind to Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones. Since gameplay draws directly from the works of H.P. Lovecraft. Also employing a gorgeously grotesque hand-drawn visual style. Stygian offers a turn-based RPG in a broken and mysterious world.
Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
- A hand drawn 2D world reflecting Lovecraft’s themes of Stygian’s. With cosmic horror and dread.
- Enemies, environments and storylines inspired by Lovecraft’s iconic original works. Take part in quests inspired by your favorite stories. While see them play out according to your decisions and role-playing style.
- Choose from 8 main character Archetypes. While each has its own origin backstory and specialties.
- A host of weird companions to accompany you on your ill-starred journey. The lonely, antediluvian ‘Outsider’. Also a fallen soldier of the Great War reanimated by Herbert West. Likewise, recruit these and other outlandish beings to your crew.
- Your character’s Sanity and mental state has influence. Due to changing dialogue options, offering both advantages and obstacles. Sometimes it pays to be mad in a world gone mad!
- Stygian’s Belief System determines how your characters cope. Both with the warped reality of the new Arkham. As well as the rate at which they regenerate lost Sanity. Belief Systems also offer unique dialogue options. While expanding the breadth of role-playing possibilities.
Combat and Spell System:
- A new kind of spell system which sometimes takes more than it gives. As a result, being a master of the occult is not that simple. Therefore, you can’t get away with flinging colored missiles from your fingertips. The black magic of Stygian is potent. For the reason that it may cost you your mind. Even your health and possibly even more.
- Strategic, turn-based combat from a 2D perspective, similar to the classic Heroes of Might and Magic games.
- The struggle in Stygian is not to save the world, for that battle is lost already. Pursue your own goals in these end times: salvation, vendetta, or perhaps something darker.
Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones lovecraftian horror RPG releases today. Now available on Humble Store, Steam and GOG. With a day one release for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Priced at $29.99 USD (24.99 EUR), plus a 15% discount until October 3rd.