Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones release date is coming up for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Cultic Games. While publisher 1C Entertainment reconfirms day-one support. You can pre-order with a discount on both Humble Store and GOG.
The town of Arkham. Unspeakable horrors from beyond the veil. While you step into the 1920’s and create your own character. Following one of eight different archetypes. Which also comes together from the pages of cosmic horror history. Ranging from the academic to the occultist. Each with their own unique attributes, skills and belief systems.
These belief systems in particular also determine how your characters cope. Since they face a warped reality of the world around them. Like the classic CRPG titles that came before Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones.This also means players will have an open-ended narrative to unearth. While attempting to find sense in the mysterious happenings in the town of Arkham.
Faithful to its mind-rending subject matter, combat in Stygian is understandably tense. Featuring strategic, turn-based combat from a 2D perspective. As a player you will come face to face with everything. Due to things like fanatic cultists to monstrosities that are incredibly horrifying. While balancing physical combat that’s irregular at best. Facing creatures from beyond and powerful eldritch spellcasting with dire consequences. Combat in Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones matches the cosmic horror experience that surrounds it.
Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones Release Date Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
- A hand drawn 2D world reflecting Lovecraft’s themes of cosmic horror and dread.
- Enemies, environments and storylines inspired by Lovecraft’s iconic original works. Take part in quests inspired by your favorite stories. See them play out according to your own decisions and role-playing style.
- Choose from 8 main character Archetypes. Each with its own origin backstory and specialties.
- A host of weird companions to accompany you on your ill-starred journey. The lonely, antediluvian ‘Outsider’. Also, a fallen soldier of the Great War reanimated by Herbert West. Recruit these and other outlandish beings to your crew.
- Your character’s Sanity and mental state. Similarly these influences the available dialogue options. While offering both advantages and barriers. Sometimes it pays to be mad in a world gone mad!
Spell System, Beliefs and Combat:
- Stygian’s Belief System determines how your characters cope. Since they face a warped reality in the new Arkham. As well as the rate at which they regenerate lost Sanity. Belief Systems also offer unique dialogue options. Expanding the breadth of role-playing possibilities.
- A new kind of spell system which sometimes takes more than it gives. Being a master of the occult is not as simple as flinging colored missiles from your fingertips. The black magic of Stygian is potent. But may cost you your mind and your health. And possibly even more.
- Strategic, turn-based combat from a 2D view. Similar to the classic Heroes of Might and Magic games.
- The struggle in Stygian is not to save the world. Since that battle is already lost. So pursue your own goals in these end times. Either salvation, vendetta, or perhaps something darker.
Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones, a cosmic horror CRPG release date is September 26th. Available for $29.99 USD (24.99 EUR) on Steam. But you can pre-order now with a 15% discount on both Humble Store and GOG. Also, make sure to Wishlist the game on Steam. Along with a day one Linux release, beside Windows PC and Mac.