Following on from the successful launch of Sudden Strike 4 on Linux, Ubuntu and Windows. Kalypso Media are eager to announce the new WW2 strategy games getting new maps. While also includes a multiplayer mode from Sudden Strike 2. Since this will have players fighting over control for sets of zeppelins. Which is somewhat of a marked improvement for the game. Which is only available in multiplayer for the time being.
The latest update for Sudden Strike 4 (Linux):
We have just updated Sudden Strike 4 to version 1.03.19983 which brings some good news! Many of you requested a classic mutliplayer mode akin to that of Sudden Strike 2. Guess what? Starting right now, you can select “classic mode” when creating a multiplayer match which will have all players struggling for control over sets of zeppelins to get the best reinforcements automatically from the edge of the map.
There are also mutators for how long you have to hold the zeppelins or if players that don’t hold zeppelins at all will loose after a certain time. The classic mode is only available in multiplayer at the moment but we are working to bring it to skirmish as well. Additionally, we have renamed the old multiplayer into “domination” and added two new, large multiplayer maps.
Changelog version 1.03.19983
- Introduction of “Classic” (SUS2) multiplayer mode
- Normal multiplayer mode is now “Domination”
- 2 new large (4vs4) multiplayer maps supporting both “Classic” and “Domination” game modes
- Introduction of new mutators: “Zeppelin capture timer” and “Time until defeat timer”
- Player count is optimized for multiplayer map sizes
- Player names are now available in-game (mouse over)
- Improved AI: easy, medium and hard settings in Skirmish and Multiplayer
- “Domination” modes (Note: Skirmish is not supported on the “Classic” multiplayer maps)
- Classic Multiplayer Mode also has more units available like artillery, AT guns, etc.
- Improved stability