Summoners Fate turn based tactics and deckbuilding game in testing on Linux with Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to details from developer D20Studios. All due to make its way onto Steam soon.
Summoners Fate is a turn based tactics and deckbuilding game. One that also challenges you to command your favorite fantasy characters in novel ways. Hurl a squirrel at an orc and mutate it into an army of super human hulk squirrels. Maybe shoot a fireball and blast the Liche King into the waiting broadsword of your Barbarian. All so you can free a caged bear and hope he likes you.
All of this sounds interesting with turn based tactics and deckbuilding. Summoners Fate is due to make its way onto Steam for Mac and Windows PC. But, Linux support is also in testing.
- Engine: We’re using the Starling/AS3 engine and Harman/Adobe AIR. As well our suite of tools we’ve developed to support the game long term
- Linux Port: Yes! As a matter of fact, I have a Native Linux build I created just recently…
Being that the Summoners Fate Linux build is in the works, it all comes down to testing. Which is currently under way. But development-wise, the game engine mix is interesting and a bit unusual. Still, it’s a pleasure to see that D20Studios already has a test build. Due note, you can play the Demo via Proton, it does work rather nicely. Also, be sure to check out the trailer below.
Summoners Fate Gameplay Showcase
Explore the Summoners Fate open world filled with chance encounters. Where a roll of the dice can change your fate. Along the way, recruit new characters and choose cards to build your team. While you master creative strategies to achieve the most satisfying victories. Defeat powerful bosses in ever changing adventures. Since you are doing your part to fulfill the cosmic prophecy. Your wits and wonder are your weapons as you guide the Summoners Fate.
Include a lot of great features:
- Top-Down Perspective – The world is a tabletop board game brought to life. Your team looks up at you to command them. It’s a good thing they have double jointed necks.
- Ever Changing Adventure – Explore the Summoners Fate unique open world each time you play. Filled with encounters where a roll of the dice can change your fate. Manage your resources carefully to survive.
- Accessible Strategic Depth – Execute gratifying combos with intuitive controls. Your position, facing and setting matter in ways never before seen in a tactical RPG.
- Creative Deck Building – Construct decks with over distinct 400 cards including 200 playable characters. Choose familiar favorites or originals like steampunk time traveling rats!
- Cross-Platform Multiplayer – Pick up and play from anywhere with cross-platform support on (Linux in testing) Windows PC, Mac, Android and iOS. Doing so in real-time, asynchronous and offline multiplayer modes.
- Community Driven Design – We listen and bring your awesome ideas like super slap treants to life. Chat directly with creator Ross Przybylski on Discord and Twitch.
Summoners Fate turn based tactics and deckbuilding is currently in testing for Linux. While there is no official release date, even for Mac and Windows PC. You can Wishlist the game on Steam.