Super Mega Space Blaster Special shoot em up launches in Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to creator Bare Knuckle Development. Who just released the shmup on Steam. And it’s dirt cheap too.
Super Mega Space Blaster Special is a shmup, blasting its way onto Steam. Ste Wilson of Bare Knuckle Development is excited to announce the news. Since this his feature packed retro space shooter. Also a solo project. Which is also playable as single player, multiplayer, local multiplayer, co-op, local co-opa and share split screen.
Super Mega Space Blaster Special – Gameplay Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
Warm up your thumbs for some frantic retro space blasting. Get that nostalgic feeling of ‘Just one more go!’ Grab a mate, plug in your joypads and remember to blink as you blast your way to the boss. There’s nothing quite as satisfying as beating your last score or blasting your buddies into space dust. This easy to play hard to master space blaster offers three original game modes to keep you and friends coming back for more. For less than a dollar you couldn’t ask for more ‘pew pew’ for your buck!
- Fast paced addictive shmup gameplay. Super Mega Space Blaster Special also has bullet hell elements.
- 3 play modes give varied gameplay and replay-ability. From the struggle for fuel and ammo in ‘Survival Mode’ (coop or single player). Also battle to keep your mother ship in one piece. Playable in ‘Protect Mother’ (coop or single player). The frantic race to wipe out your opponent. The local multiplayer mode ‘To The Death’ (2 player only).
- Play alone in single player or with a friend in local coop. Even a local competitive multiplayer.
- Collect coins to unlock all 10 space blasters (ships). Since each has their own percs. From fast ships for darting around. And the slower ships that allow precision aiming.
- Some space blasters have turrets. So this turns the shoot em up game into a twin stick shooting.
- Loads of awesome power-up weapons to help you take down your enemies including lasers, homing missiles, and multi-shot.
- Collectables to aid you in your Super Mega Space Blaster Special mission. Big bombs wipe out nearby enemies. While shields help you survive longer. And magnets drag fuel and ammo towards you.
- Endless high score chasing gameplay. Doing combat with over 15 enemies. And a boss for those who can score high enough (gameplay continues after the boss).
Steam Achievements, controller support and art style:
- Full joypad (controller) support. This also includes button map for Xbox controllers. Plus PlayStation 4 (DualShock 4) controllers and Nintendo Switch Pro controllers.
- Keyboard remapper with 2 bindings per action. So you can restore default keyboard bindings button for easy reset.
- Over 20 in-game challenges. Helping you gain coins. Develop your space blaster piloting skills.
- Also more than 20 Steam achievements for Super Mega Space Blaster Special.
- Simple hand drawn art style. So you can easily pick out the foes amongst the asteroids.
- Inspired by both games of yesteryear. Such as Asteroids, Super Fantasy Zone and Galaga. Also modern games like Bit Blaster XL and Super Stardust HD.
- Compete to be the greatest space blaster pilot. Doing so in the Steam Leaderboards.
- The games also launches with Steam Cloud support.
- Play along to the pumping 80’s inspired synth pop. Also the original soundtrack by Electric Fan Death. Soundtrack and cover included as free DLC.
Since Super Mega Space Blaster Special shoot em up launches on to Steam. Priced at only $0.99 (£0.79). Plus a 10% discount until June 24th. Available for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.