Superfrog is the classic side-scrolling, 2D platformer developed by Team17. Now, 20 years on from the regal amphibian’s first appearance, Superfrog is making his return, lovingly re-imagined in gorgeous HD graphics for PC, Mac and Linux!
Superfrog HD will be available to download for PC, Mac and Linux via Steam on the 12 th September 2013 for just £6.99/€8.99/$9.99.
Originally released on the Amiga in 1993 Superfrog received much critical acclaim:
· 93% – “With Team17’s impeccable track record I was expecting Superfrog to be well above par but it’s far more than that – it’s breathtakingly good. Everything about the game, from the graphics and sound through the control to gameplay, has been honed and tweaked to gleaming perfection”, The One Amiga
· 93% – “Superfrog is quite simply Team17’s greatest release to date. It’s full to the brim with great graphics, sound, playability and addiction. You’d have to be completely potty or hopping mad to ignore it”, Amiga Computing
· 89% – “Superfrog is a very polished product, possibly the best that Team17 have ever produced”, CU Amiga
· 89% – “What can you say about Team17? Everything they touch these days seems to turn into gold and Superfrog is no exception. This is without a doubt the best all-out platform game on the Amiga to date”, Amiga Action
Superfrog HD Features:
· Enhanced HD graphics
· 24 new, reimagined levels based on the original designs
· 24 original levels that can be unlocked via the Fruit Machine
· 6 differently themed worlds
· Frog Trials – Endless Runner mode
· Achievements and Leaderboards
Superfrog HD will be available to download on Thursday 12 th September 2013 for PC, Mac and Linux via Steam for just £6.99/€8.99/$9.99.
For more information on Superfrog HD please visit Team17 on Facebook
For more information please visit Team17
About Superfrog HD:
Superfrog HD. Developed by Team17 Digital Ltd. © 2013. Team17 and Superfrog™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Team17 Digital Limited. All other trademarks, copyrights and logos are property of their respective owners. Developed and published by Team17 Digital Limited.
About Team17 Digital Ltd:
Team17 Digital Limited (Team 17) celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2010 and headquartered in West Yorkshire, England, it is a leading independent developer and digital publishing company. Founded in 1990, the company develops and publishes interactive software worldwide for digital game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. More information can be found at Team17 products.
Reblogged from: gamasutra.com
Old School Game BlogSep 19, 2013 2:40 pm
Remember SuperFrog vividly. Fantastic platform game. Good to see it now appears on other platforms as well.