Surviving Mars: Space Race expansion has a release date for Linux, Mac and Windows. Thanks to Paradox Interactive and Haemimont Games, who are announcing the first expansion Space Race will launch on November 15th, 2018. Since this is some good news, we pre-orders are also available on Steam and Paradox Store.
With the introduction of rival colonies, players can also look forward to a whole new side of extraterrestrial colonization. Along with other settlements racing for milestones. Doing so with key colonists as competitors, or issuing distress calls and trading as crucial allies.
Therefore either way, the cold expanse of space just got far less isolated. Since there are new rival colonies and new mission sponsors footing the bills.
Whether your approach to colonization of alien planets is fast and furious. Or a slow and steady wins the space. So get all the information you need to get ahead in the new feature breakdown trailer below.
Or, check out the new expansion for yourself! Paradox is hosting a streaming event called Space Race. A Rival Colonies Stream available
tomorrow November 7th at 17:00 CET 08:00 PST. So check it out at the Paradox Mixer channel. And you can also follow the Space Race before the release date on Linux, Mac, Windows
Surviving Mars Space Race Feature Breakdown (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Surviving Mars: Space Race features include:
- A Challenger Appears: Compete for milestones and anomalies with several other AI colonies. All backed by rival sponsors attempting to set roots on Mars. And also vie to become this planet’s superpower. You can trade with, respond to distress calls for, issue distress calls to. And even steal important colonists from these competitor colonies as you establish your territory on Mars.
- Earth to Mars, repeat, Earth to Mars: No matter how deep in space you go, you need to follow the money. Each sponsor comes with unique, new sets of goals to complete as you further their individual goals for colonization.
- Represent the Home Team: Each sponsor has their own unique vehicle and building that only their colonies can construct and take advantage of in their mission. Express the individuality of your space-faring conglomerate inside and out of your domes.
- New Money, New Problems: Meet two new players in the fight for the final frontier. Japan and Brazil are now available as brand new mission sponsors and are ready to move heaven and Mars to make their mark!
- Expect the Unexpected: Experience narrative events throughout your colonization process that help reveal the realities of life in the dome and challenge your management skills.
Check out Surviving Mars: Space Race Plus
Surviving Mars: Space Race Plus also features the Marsvision Song Contest. And Colony Design Set content packs for the colonizer who appreciates the finer things in life on Mars:
- Human Music, I Like It: Mars hasn’t killed the radio star (yet)! So with Marsvision Song Contest players get a new radio station. Featuring all the top pop songs from the sponsor countries. Bop along to some J-pop, Bollywood and more as you fend off mortal peril for your colonists!
- Smarten Up Your Streets: Deck out your dome with 25 new buildings. While you give a fresh look to your living, working and playing quarters. Whether it’s a Stirling Generator or a Spacebar. Just make sure you spruce up your space to be out of this world.
So to get that headstart in the race, check out the pre-order available on Steam and Paradox Store. This also comes with a 10% discount until release date on November 15th, 2018, pricing your pre-order $11.69 USD. Coming to Linux, Mac and Windows.