Both n-Space and Digital Extremes announced that Sword Coast Legends, the #partybased #RPG, set in the Forgotten Realms universe will be released simultaneously on #Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC operating systems in Q3 2015.
Evem more impressive, the release for Sword Coast Legends will fully support cross-platform network play between Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
“For far too long, passionate and dedicated Mac and Linux RPG gamers have been left out in the cold, forced to watch from the sidelines as the industry focused efforts on just a select few platforms. That ends today,” said Dan Tudge, President of n-Space and Director for Sword Coast Legends. “With Sword Coast Legends, we are dedicated to delivering exactly the sort of classic, D&D, RPG gaming experience fans on every platform have been clamoring for. More importantly, we’re committed to providing the community with the largest possible pool of adventurers and prospective Dungeon Masters by ensuring that all gamers can play together regardless of which operating system they use.”
Sword Coast Legends fully supports cross platform network play on any mix of Windows, Mac and Linux machines. As further proof of the team’s shared commitment to gamers on all desktop platforms, each Sword Coast Legends Steam key can be redeemed for the player’s platform of choice.
When Sword Coast Legends releases later this year, it will introduce an entirely new way to play Dungeons & Dragons with Dungeon Master Mode and its introduction of real-time, active and reactive Dungeon Mastering. The DM Mode engages players and empowers them to have fun in a way that suits the party best while creating a tailored, non-adversarial 4 with 1 experience that any RPG or pen-and-paper fan will enjoy.
While Dungeon Master Mode is a truly innovative RPG “game changer,” Sword Coast Legends will also feature a massive single player campaign and complex storyline, deep character customization, engrossing party-based gameplay and NPC interactions, an epic orchestral soundtrack, high-quality professional voice-over production, and much, much more.
- Singleplayer campaign created by members of the leadership team that brought you Dragon Age™: Origins
- Choose from five playable races and six unique character classes to build your own stalwart adventurer
- A return to form, Sword Coast Legends is the compelling and complex RPG you’ve been waiting for and features pause time, party-based tactical combat and involving storylines
- Dungeon Master Mode: Create your own epic adventure to share with your friends, or enhance their experience in real time as they traverse your dungeon
- Set in the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe based on the fifth edition ruleset and populated with Dungeons & Dragons lore and legend
Sword Coast Legends will not release for a few months yet, but you can also pre-order the game now at the discounted price of $34.99. Which is also available in Digital Deluxe and Collector’s Editions, including a tome of knowledge, cloth map of the Sword Coast, the official soundtrack, numerous in-game bonuses, starter items and DM abilities—as well as a statue of Belaphoss (Collector’s Edition)—for $59.99 and $239.99, respectively.