Swords and Sandals Crusader Redux gets a release date with future plans regarding Linux, Mac with Windows PC. Thanks to recent details Whiskeybarrel Studios. Due to arrive next month on Steam.
Since the studio is eager to announce the flash game remake Swords and Sandals Crusader Redux. This release is due to arrive November 4th via Steam. Also, a fast paced, addictive remake of the original strategic wargame. Which is about raising armies, fighting battles and conquering lands in a fantasy world.
For the first time since 2007, the beloved Swords and Sandals Crusader returns. Letting players relive the classic strategic wargame with all new additions. Such as tournaments, mini-adventures and survival mode. Now bigger, brighter and better than ever. Turn-based, tactical combat in classic 2D fashion. Fire arrows, cast powerful spells and send out the cavalry!
Of course, reaching out regarding Linux support is interesting. “Swords and Sandals Crusader Redux was built using Adobe AIR. I know unofficially, older versions of AIR did support Linux but it seemed Adobe dropped it. AIR has since been bought by Harman Enterprise. I’ve heard rumors they may add Linux support in the future. And if they do I will definitely compile Linux versions. But for now, it’ll just be Windows first, then Mac / iOS / Android.”
So clearly Linux support is not going to happen. But on the Harman FAQ, they are “considering” AIR support on Linux. Since that doesn’t help the present situation for Swords and Sandals Crusader Redux. The future does look brighter according to Whiskeybarrel Studios. Seeing “future games in the Swords and Sandals series will be made with Godot or Unity. Both of which support Linux, it’s a platform I’m keen to see the games on!”
Swords and Sandals Crusader Redux Official Game Trailer
- Battle across 9 chapters and 41 missions as you follow the eight factions vying for control of Brandor in Campaign Mode.
- Face wave after wave of ever more difficult enemy forces in Survival Mode. Level up your powers in between rounds.
- Set up a battle any way you want and duke it out in Quick Battle Mode.
- In Conquer the Realm Mode, customize every aspect of your game including permadeath, wandering monsters, and special events.
- Summon powerful colossi to aid your army, creatures of legend such as The Grail Knight and the Titan Spheracles.
- Choose from Brandor’s greatest heroes including King Lionel and Sir Belgrave or nefarious villains like HeChaos and Arglaxx.
- Joust in tournaments, duel against other heroes, go cliff diving, go on grand mini adventures, and defend your castle in epic sieges.
Swords and Sandals Crusader Redux release date will include Windows PC then Mac on Steam. All price for $9.99 USD. But it certainly looks like future plans regarding Linux will change.