Tactical Troops: Anthracite Shift turn based strategy game releases in Linux gaming and Windows PC with great reviews. Thanks to the creative efforts of developer QED Games. The game is available on Steam with a discount and 90% Positive Reviews.
Space mercenaries on a distant planet, dangerous creatures, dicey pirates, and rogue robots. Not to mention oppressive regimes and a lot of guns. These are just a few things that await players in Tactical Troops: Anthracite Shift. This turn based strategy and its dangers will put your tactical prowess to a test. With a setting also deeply inspired by sci-fi flicks from the 80s and 90s. While releasing with day one support in Linux gaming with Windows PC.
Tactical Troops: Anthracite Shift has a goal to further develop the turn based strategy genre. Members of your squad move on a gridless map. This also adds a new approach to deploying and positioning your troops. Teleports are an important feature on the battlefield. They can be used to flank and outwit your opponents. Or just shift with bullets and grenades to attack them from unexpected directions.
The developers at QED Games are well aware that RNG systems can be frustrating. Especially when shots with a 95% hit chance do not hit the target. The combat in Tactical Troops: Anthracite Shift is solely physics based. So a random miss will not stand in the way of a carefully devised plan.
Tactical Troops: Anthracite Shift – Gameplay Trailer
The game uses Grail – an in-house AI technology. While unique, this allows various types of enemies to behave according to their “nature”. Enemy troops use different tactics than animals or robots. Players may also pit themselves against the AI in a 20 hour single player campaign. Tactical Troops: Anthracite Shift comes with a multiplayer component. Plus this also supports both online and local “hot seat” matches.
“After 3 years of our hard work, players can finally fight against bots and each other in Tactical Troops: Anthracite Shift. The project began as a proof of concept for our AI engine – Grail. We soon realized that this prototype was immensely enjoyable and decided to develop it into a full-fledged, independent game.” – says Rafał Kowalski, Head of Development at QED Software and Studio Lead at QED Games.
“Fans of XCOM, Valkyrie Chronicles or Templar Battleforce should feel at home. Hot Seat is a lot of fun and be ready for nostalgia to kick in, if you played the old Worms games. If you want to know what matches look like in our game, tune in today from 3 p.m. CET for a stream on Steam. We will be presenting how multiplayer in Tactical Troops: Anthracite Shift works” – he adds.
- Tactical turn based strategy with gridless movement. Soldiers can gain a further advantage with no limits
- Physics based combat – each shot or grenade throw has to be manually aimed. Taking away the frustrating RNG, known from other tactical strategies
- Teleportation – teleports scattered around the battlefield are a powerful tool for flanking opponents. As well as taking cover and even shooting from unexpected angles
- Advanced AI – thanks to the Grail technology. Meaning, AI opponents are challenging and behave differently. These all depend on whether they are animals, robots or soldiers
- Vast squad customization options – a wide variety of futuristic weapons and several character classes. This allows the player’s squad to adapt their playstyle
Tactical Troops: Anthracite Shift is available on Steam for $14.99 USD. Plus the game releases with a 10% discount until April 22nd. Along with support in Linux gaming and Windows PC.