Tag Archives: expansion
Since it’s been two years since the #release of Renowned Explorers: International Society in gaming. Hence developer #AbbeyGames are back in the news with Renowned Explorers: The Emperor’s Challenge. The second premium #expansion pack for the “adventurer manager” Renowned Explorers on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Now the pack opens up East Asia with first-time additions to the character roster, coming May 10th.
So a new expedition in Indonesia with a whole new game mode. While players are tasked to compete directly against Rivaleux. All to fulfil the desires of Chinese Emperor Guāngxù. Also the base game comes with Humble Wild Frontier Bundle, still live for another 4 days.
What’s the story here?
So your crew, representing The International Society, has been spotted. Hence landing quietly in an undisclosed location East from Borneo in Indonesia by the order of Emperor Guāngxù. Yet hot on their heels comes your arch rival, Matthieu Rivaleux. While making a clearly visible landing at the busy docks with his team of investigators. And since the locals were clamouring for autographs from Rivaleux. With his dazzling smile flashing for the crowd of dedicated fans.
So no sooner are the teams ashore, but a race begans to the Temple of Trance. While involving miraculous feats of physical prowess, underhanded trickery. This is no small amount of charming smiles to get the locals to lend a hand. What does the lovable (but somewhat eccentric) Chinese Emperor have in store for the two renowned teams? And what amazing discoveries can we expect in the archaeological dream, Indonesia?
Renowned Explorers is all turn-based strategy adventure gaming. All set in a whimsically fictitious, 19th century, historical setting for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. So Renowned Explorers: The Emperor’s Challenge is the second expansion in the news, all set in Indonesia. Hence this latest release opens up a new location for you to explore. While also coming with a host of new characters to pad your team. This includes a new game mode available as the titular Renowned Explorers: The Emperor’s Challenge.
So this mode will challenge Veterans of the game. Where player have to adapt their strategies on the fly for a new level of challenge. So do you choose Suh Min-Jeong, a child prodigy in the fields of diplomacy and archaeology. Or perhaps Wang Yu with his knack for fireworks and a penchant for trouble?
- Explore the far corners of the world in the age of discovery. So outsmart your rivals, campaign for fame and become the most Renowned Explorer of the 19th century
- Create your own adventures; get to know your explorers with their own character traits, skills and quirks. Managing their progression while hunting for the most prestigious treasures
- Prepare your treasure hunt; collect Insight, Research, Gold and Status on your expeditions. All so that you can acquire supplies and support for the next adventure
- Attitude-based gameplay; choose the best course of action. Such as engaging your opponents physically and mentally. While using charm, deception, intimidation or a show of force
- There is always something new to discover in the amazing procedurally generated expeditions. Since your reputation opens up new opportunities
So Renowned Explorers: The Emperor’s Challenge expansion will be making a debut via Steam in Linux gaming on May 10th. Also in the news, the Renowned Explorers: International Society game still has a 92% to 100% Positive rating on Steam.
Since we release news for Paradox Interactive. Hence the publisher that sometimes goes off-track in gaming. Yet the genuine bona-fide electrified six-car developer #ColossalOrder just #announced the #release. The next expansion Mass Transit for Cities: Skylines, will be coming to Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Hence available on May 18th, for $12.99 USD. So in Cities: Skylines, Mass Transit comes with a ton of new features. This a never ending but highly critically acclaimed city-builder. Which now includes a new public transportation options. Such as monorails, cable-cars, ferries, and most majestic of all, blimps.
Since the expansion also includes new mass transit hubs. These allow passengers to effortlessly switch between different public transportation options. Hence all showcased in this brand new trailer:
Mass Transit will feature:
- The Road to Riches: Ferries, blimps, cable cars, and monorails. So help move your citizens around town. Then get their money into your city’s coffers.
- Home is where the Hub is: The transit hub connects all your transit together. While letting citizens join lines in one building. Or decide to hop from the bus onto the ferry. Even find their way through a sprawling monorail-train-metro station.
- The Traffic Must Flow: New scenarios will test your traffic management skills and transit system vision. New road types, bridges and canals adds variety to your city. Yet there are new ways to solve its challenges. Become an expert in traffic flow. So then use your knowledge to improve your city.
- New Hats for Chirper: No expansion is complete without some new hats for fictional birds!
So coming soon we will have more details in the news. The gaming experience will be available for Linux, Mac and Widnows PC. While more details for Cities: Skylines – Mass Transit can be found on the official website.
In the news now. With one eye on the rising sun and another eye on a glorious future. Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven is #available now on Steam and Paradox Store (Steam code) for Linux. Mandate of Heaven is the new expansion to #ParadoxDevelopmentStudio’s flagship gaming franchise. Announced last month, with new exploration, religious turmoil, economic dominance and conquest. While taking its name from the Chinese belief that their empire is divinely ordained. So Mandate of Heaven will bless your ambitions for years to come.
While at the center of Mandate of Heaven. Players will find the new Historical Ages system. Hence the associated Golden Eras. Where the four centuries of play are divided into four Historical Ages. Each with seven objectives and seven special abilities that can be unlocked. If you accomplish three objectives in an Age, you may choose to initiate a Golden Era. While giving your empire 50 years of prosperity and military prowess. But choose your time wisely! You only get one Golden Era per game.
Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven Trailer:
Mandate of Heaven’s other features include:
- Empire of China: The Chinese Emperor brings news of great powers at his disposal. So the efficient bureaucrats keep things running smoothly. But greedy neighbors may seek to take the Mandate of Heaven for themselves.
- Ashikaga Shogunate: The Japanese Shogunate is now reworked. So there is for more interaction and political considerations among the daimyo. As Shogun, carefully balance the pride of your subjects. Or compel the news for them to choose an honorable death.
- Confucian Harmony: So keep order in your eastern realm or risk short term spiritual disruption in exchange for long term religious harmony.
- Shinto Isolation: Will your Japanese kingdom seek benefits in an open society or promote greater unity through closed doors? Major incidents will challenge your aspirations.
- Tributaries: Eastern empires can persuade weaker neighbors to pay an annual tribute in gold, manpower or monarch points in this new subject nation format.
- Diplomatic Macro Builder: New addition to the left-hand side macrobuilder automates many repeated diplomatic tasks.
- And more including Chinese meritocracy and Manchu Banner troops
As usual, Mandate of Heaven launches alongside a major free update to Europa Universalis IV that improves and updates many aspects of the core game experience.
Starting now, a number of Paradox Interactive Linux titles will go on sale on Steam for the weekend. Including the Europa Universalis IV core game (includes Steam code). Ambitious rulers who have yet to try their hand at world conquest gaming. Having the perfect opportunity to try the latest version of the game alongside its newest expansion.
Big news since the developer diary, Stellaris: Utopia, the first major expansion #releases for Stellaris. Hence the #best-selling science fiction #grandstrategy game for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. One that delivers unparalleled variety in an ever changing universe. So Stellaris: Utopia itself adds new ways to improve your planets. Even your own species. While allowing players to reach your full gaming potential in a multitude of new ways. Hence both peaceful and aggressive.
Since the time has come to lead your species into a permanent golden age. A future where your scientists and energy of your administrators. While everything is harnessed to build immense mega-structures. Where sound leadership and a firm hand in diplomacy will bring your species to the promised land. Hence we are passed the release date, now we are in Utopia.
So one of the major upgrades in Utopia news, the addition of Ascension perks. Allowing players to harness the unity of your species. While establishing strong cultural traditions. Allowing your empire to carry on your specific vision of Utopia. Choose to advance via genetic engineering, psionic exploration, or even abandon mortal flesh. Hence the gaming experience is completely open to pursue a path of cybernetic ascension.
Feature releases for Stellaris: Utopia:
- Megastructures: Build ringworlds or Dyson spheres to make the most of your star system, adding prestige and power to those who wield this technology.
- Habitat Stations: Your subjects can orbital habitat stations. No longer will you be forced to fight costly wars to house a burgeoning population.
- More Evil Empires: Use your subjects as domestic servants, battle thralls…or food
- Indoctrination: Before bringing a pre-FTL civilization in to the galactic community, it’s important that they believe the right things. Guide the primitives to follow your true path.
- Advanced Civics: Three new civics for your empire to aid in the dynamic story-telling that Utopia excels at – syncretic evolution, mechanist and fanatic purifier.
- Hive Minds: Can you master the challenge of ruling an empire that is one collective consciousness?
- And more: New events, new decisions and the mystery of The Shroud.
Stellaris: Utopia launches with the Banks update to Stellaris. Another major upgrade free to all Stellaris owners on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. The Banks update reworks the place of factions in your population, adds new challenges to maintaining internal stability within your Empire, and makes changes to how ethics work in the game. The goal is to make empire management a more engaging task.
While having starting already, a number of Paradox Interactive titles are on sale on Steam for the weekend. Hence including the Stellaris core game. Players across the galaxy who have yet to explore Paradox’s new worlds will have the perfect opportunity to try the latest version of the game alongside its newest expansion.
Stellaris: Utopia is now available on Steam and the official Paradox store for $19.99 USD. Linux is supported on both releases, seeing Paradox issue a Steam gaming code anyway. Which shouldn’t be news.
Both Paradox Interactive and #ParadoxDevelopmentStudio are a creative mind of endless bounds. Having just released, a new developer diary for Stellaris: Utopia. Hence this is a major #upcoming #expansion for Stellaris. Utopia, arrives on Linux, Mac, and Windows PC’s on April 6th. Adding a bunch of impressive new changes to the Stellaris experience. While also including Megastructures, Orbital Habitat Stations, Ascension Perks, and much more. So in the video below, game director Martin Anward explains each new feature in detail. And also sharing news of what these features mean for a players empires.
See the new additions to the Stellaris: Utopia universe in the dev diary here:
Stellaris: Utopia coming changes:
- Megastructures: So build amazing structures in your systems. Including Dyson Spheres and ring worlds. While bringing both prestige and major advantages to your race.
- Habitat Stations: Build “tall” and establish space stations that will house more population. Yet serving the role of planets in a small and confined empire.
- Ascension Perks: Collect Unity points and adopt Traditions in gaming. All while unlocking Ascension Perks. Allowing players to customize their empire in unique ways. Follow one of the three Ascension Paths and achieve Biological Mastery. Giving up your biological forms in a Synthetic Evolution. Or unlock the full psionic potential of your species in Transcendance.
- Indoctrination: So influence primitive civilizations. While making them adopt your ethics through the use of observation stations. Preparing them for enlightenment or a merger.
- Advanced Slavery: Maximize the benefits of slavery by choosing specific roles for enthralled species. Have them serve other Pops as Domestic Servants. While fighting for your empire as Battle Thralls. Or keep them as Livestock to feed your people.
- Advanced Governments: Adopt unique civics and authorities for your government. Play as a Fanatic Purifier and shun all diplomacy. Hence becoming a Hive Mind to avoid political strife. Even creating a multi-species empire born of Syncretic Evolution.
Stellaris: Utopia is currently available for pre-order for $19.99 USD /€19.99 at Paradox Plaza. Which includes a Steam key for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
For more information and Stellaris gaming news, visit the official website.