Tag Archives: mac
Since the early the development news, studio Sandbox Interactive introduces #newgear for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Just added to their #sandbox gaming #MMORPG Albion Online with the latest content update, Galahad. With the player-driven economy of Albion Online, gathering resources is just as big of a part of life as fighting battles. The new Gatherer Equipment allows gatherers access to new gear, complete with helpful spells, to give them a leg up in their foraging endeavours.
Harvesters, lumberjacks, miners, quarriers and skinners can rejoice in the latest news. Their profession-specific four-piece sets grant them major bonuses through passive spells. So the gaming experience has changed, encompassing several basic spells and one unique spell per for every cap, garb and workboots piece. To get their hands on the gear, players must first unlock it through the respective gatherer line on the Destiny Board. Once that’s achieved, the items need to be crafted by Toolmakers. And then it’s off to reap the rewards of the Gatherer Equipment. So whether you want to get fiber, wood, ore, stone or animal hide, the best advice is to get your hands on the new gear. Especially since the visuals of the gears will be updating soon. Making the sets not just valuable in terms of bonuses, but also make the wearer stand out from the crowd.
For more details on the new Gatherer Equipment, please go here.
So each set consists of four items: a Cap, Garb, Workboots and Backpack. These items are unlocked through the gatherer line on the Destiny Board. For example: to unlock the Tier 5 Lumberjack set you will need to unlock the Expert (Tier 5) Lumberjack node.
The gear of course also needs to be crafted, which can be done by Toolmakers. The Cap, Garb and Workboots are found under the Armor tab and Backpacks under the Accessories tab.
The Backpack, which goes into the cape slot, has a passive ability which reduces the weight of its respective resource by a smashing 50%. You will be able to carry more resources than ever before!
What is Albion Online?
Albion Online is a sandbox MMORPG from Sandbox Interactive for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Created in Unity3d and set in the medieval fantasy world of Albion. So no matter what your gaming style is, playing a hardened fighter, a farmer, a merchant or a master craftsman. Since we released news about this player-driven world, every single weapon and building has been created by the players.
Thanks to a “you are what you wear” system free of typical class restrictions. Gaming can change, so a skilled archer can instantly become a powerful mage. So the players define their own role within the game world. PvE, PvP or the battle guild vs guild, every action in the game has a meaning … as well as consequences. PvP battles in the danger zones of the game world are a “winner takes all” affair. Albion Online is the first PC game to enable the exact same experience on tablets.
So if you’re looking at getting into Albion Online on Linux, do check out the Founder packs. It’s worth if you’re looking to get more than just gaming, but crafting and gathering resources.
The latest gaming news, Sunburned Games. Their Early Access game, The Great Whale Road will be making a full release on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Hence the story driven #RPG and #turnbased #tactics plus historical fiction game will launch, March 30th.
The big gaming news, The Great Whale Road release will include the complete storyline for the Danes of Úlfarrsted. So this story, plus the seasonal events, side quests, resource management and tactical turn-based combat will be included. Hence the result of two years of work, including eight months of Early Access community feedback. Sunburned Games thanks the community, their team, and their families.
Set in the Early Middle Ages, the game revives an ancient world through its digitally hand-drawn art, colourful characters, atmospheric soundtrack, and deeply researched lore.
- Playable storyline for the Danes from Úlfarrsted, a village on a small North Sea island just off the coast from the Danish-Saxon borderland.
- Chapter 1 and 2 of a story-driven campaign along the Danish, Saxon, Frisian and Frankish coast.
- Character missions for your chosen warriors.
- Four combat classes and associated warcry cards.
- Land and sea combat environments.
- Equip your characters with weapons and armour sets.
- A dynamic event system which covers all areas of medieval life from farming to family feuds.
- Mac and Linux versions.
- Chapters 3 and 4 of the Danish story.
- More character quests.
- Playable storylines for other cultures: Franks and Frisians.
- A smarter and harder AI.
- Character progression and ship upgrades.
- More content: characters, warcries, missions, rumours and events.
So going forward, Sunburned Games will release two storylines. Both based on two separate cultures: the Franks and the Frisians. Therefore players can look forward to this additional narrative content. Which will be added to the game in two free updates before the summer.
The March release finishes the Danish story and completes the core feature set of the game. This also includes improvements to combat and resource management, adding new mechanics for deeper gameplay.
The Great Whale Road story driven RPG will launch on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. No word yet on a launch day discount. So here’s hoping.
So we launched gaming news about a month back regarding The Exiled in Early Access release. Since this time, developer Fairytale Distillery have been keeping up with #playerfeedback. So now they are launching the first #majorupdate for the game, hence #Season2 and Update 1.1 for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
Therefore, The Exiled Season 2 starts now. Since this season comes with a host of brand new game worlds (modified world map). Plus a ton of game features in this update.
The Exiled new Features:
- Party System: You can now form parties with other players you meet in the game. That means you can share XP and see each other on the world map without having to be in the same clan (or any clan). Party members will also (like clan members) be preferred target for support abilities like heals.
- Diplomacy System: Clan leaders and managers can now add other clans to a “friend” and “enemy” lists. Clan members will then see those friend and enemy tags and be able to easily recognize your clan’s status with another clan. These tags are NOT visible to anyone outside of your clan. They are one-directional (the other clan can choose a different status for you).
- The Healer: Added the Healer (Cloth) armor class to the game with lots of new abilities. The healer is still work-in-progress and will be balanced based on your feedback. It comes with a new ability type – links – that should open a lot more gameplay options for team-players who like a supportive playstyle.
- Added a “camera lock” option to the control menu (J) that centers the camera on your character, disregarding mouse movement.
- Fixed a bug that showed the “error 418” popup unnecessarily often to some players.
- Major performance improvement: There are no more lag spikes when large numbers of mobs spawn at the same time.
- Major performance improvement: Massively reduced the base load of the game servers, leading to a smoother experience.
- Fixed some holes in the environment colliders that separate world map areas from each other.
- Meteorites and carcasses do not spawn outside of the game world anymore.
Hence this bit of gaming news, get into The Exiled Season 2. Available to play Free on Early Access for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
Welcome to the front line of gaming news, here the full #launch of #WorldWar2 #shooter Day of Infamy. Hence New World Interactive, creators of Insurgency and Insurgency: Sandstorm are proud to announce the official launch out of Early Access for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
Day of Infamy shooter went live on New World’s Twitch channel. So you can still catch the past broadcast, which features developer interviews and of course gameplay.
Since Day of Infamy started back in late 2015 as a mod for Insurgency. Created by the developers at New World and a members of modding community members. Hence an announcement at the PC Gaming show at E3 2016, Day of Infamy releasing into Early Access in June 2016.
Since New World has worked to stay true to their design established by Insurgency. Shaping Day of Infamy into a unique game that can stand on its own. Since this point, the release has received an very positive 88% review score in the last 30 days.
Day of Infamy Features include:
- 8 player Cooperative gameplay versus challenging AI opponents in three game modes and two difficulty levels.
- Up to 32 player Multiplayer gameplay in four wave-based game modes with the Battles playlist. Alternatively, 24 player game modes in three single-life and objective-reinforcement playlist Special Assignment.
- 10 maps – Ranging from war-torn cities to farm villages, and fortified beachheads to snow-covered forests.
- Over 70 historical weapons and attachments, whether you’re fighting for the U.S. Army, Commonwealth Forces or the German Wehrmacht.
- 9 player classes, providing a variety of experiences depending on what the player prefers.
- Unit system – Unlock historic units as you rank up, which are then playable as in-game characters with new uniforms, headgear, badges, and voices. Ranking up does not provide players with any gameplay advantages, so gameplay balance will always remain purely skill-based.
- Mod support and Workshop integration providing players with a vast array of community-created content. Built on Valve’s Source Engine, the SDK is one of the most familiar out there. Modders can replace models, textures, sounds and user interfaces in the game, as well as add new maps or total conversions using the game’s theater scripting system. There are already over 480 mods which have been created during the game’s early access phase.
Since the Day of Infamy launch is significant gaming news. Eager players can buy the full release on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC for $19.99 (USD).
Some of the more significant gaming news, Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan is poised to make a Linux and Mac debut, soon. Hence the #epic #adventure #RPG released on Steam back in April of 2016. While gameplay is set in an African Fantasy world using an original and yet open dynamic fighting.
It has been a long wait for the game to make a Linux debut. Hence news has been revealed via Twitter recently:
— ProjectMQ (@ProjectMQ) March 20, 2017
Since we have reached out to Kiro’o Games, there is not confirmation just yet. Yet we do expect that “soon” will be either be before the end of the month or the beginning of April for Aurion.
Since gameplay follows the story of Enzo Kori-Odan, the prince of Zama. One becomes a victim of a coup d’etat orchestrated by his brother in-law on the day of his coronation and wedding with Erine Evou. So the royal couple gets exiled and makes the makes the choice trek around in search of allies. Hence part of the mission is will be reunite Enzo’s warring legacy. At least in order for him to retrieve the throne.
Beyond retrieving and trying to beyond reclaming their position. Hence this Royal couple will discover the political behavior and the means of human existence that go along with being King and Queen. All while they learn and find answers in order to secure the fate of Zama.
Aurion itself is a mystery, the evidence of an Auriona planet. Since this energy was made available ages ago, manifesting itself in various ways (battle, handicraft, etc) in daily life. Hence those that wield it are Aurionics, harnessing the power into fighting techniques, but only for short bursts.
- Epic and strategic Real-Time Fighting, visual evolutive Combos!
- Gather your Legacy and merge the Aurions to create new ones (21 aurionical transformations available)
- Powerful duels with immersive fighting dialogues
- Unique scenario & lots of powerful enemies and bosses
Unfortunately, this bit of gaming news does not have an official launch date for Linux. Since we have reached out to the Aurion developers, we will update this post for the adventure RPG. Stay tuned.