Tag Archives: paradox interactive
Armchair generals extraordinaire Paradox Interactive are back in gaming news. Hence #announcing that Hearts of Iron IV players face new decisions in the coming launch of Death or Dishonor. A brand #new #countrypack coming later this year for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
So Death or Dishonor focuses on the countries of Europe. While caught between the duelling ambitions of the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany. And faced with total destruction by a much larger force. Even making uncomfortable alliances, so survival will take compromise, guile, and some luck. Death or Dishonor will be available for $9.99 USD on Linux, Mac, and Windows PC’s. While Expansion Pass owners will receive the country pack Free.
Watch the Death or Dishonor trailer:
So Death or Dishonor introduces new National Focus trees. Hence Hungary, Romania, Czechoslovakia, and Yugoslavia. Which revolve around navigating the ideological (and physical) land mines of central Europe in World War II. So this content furthers Paradox’s goal of capturing the unique wartime experience. While also involving every nation in World War II. Yet players will also find new opportunities to change the course of history if they so choose. And don’t forget that heavy metal soundtrack of Sabaton.
Death or Dishonor – and the accompanying free update – will include:
- Revamp of Air Gameplay: Take to the skies with new mechanics and quality of life updates. Each make it easier to bring your airpower to bear.
- Equipment Conversion: Update your arsenal by converting older units. Or make use of captured enemy vehicles and gear.
- More Music and Art: Three new thematic musical tracks from composer Andreas Waldetoft. New art content for the four focus nations and new troop voiceovers.
- New Diplomatic and Puppet Interactions: License military technology to bring other nations’ weapons to the field. Or sell your advances to the highest bidder. Fascist countries get new subject levels like Reichskommissariat. With access to licenses, industry and strategic resources. The instated governments are held in an iron grip. Making it harder for them to break free.
- Improved Map Design and Display: the world map has been clarified to make it easier to follow the action around the world. New impassable areas create tactical choke-points and more historical gameplay.
Since we release news for Paradox Interactive. Hence the publisher that sometimes goes off-track in gaming. Yet the genuine bona-fide electrified six-car developer #ColossalOrder just #announced the #release. The next expansion Mass Transit for Cities: Skylines, will be coming to Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Hence available on May 18th, for $12.99 USD. So in Cities: Skylines, Mass Transit comes with a ton of new features. This a never ending but highly critically acclaimed city-builder. Which now includes a new public transportation options. Such as monorails, cable-cars, ferries, and most majestic of all, blimps.
Since the expansion also includes new mass transit hubs. These allow passengers to effortlessly switch between different public transportation options. Hence all showcased in this brand new trailer:
Mass Transit will feature:
- The Road to Riches: Ferries, blimps, cable cars, and monorails. So help move your citizens around town. Then get their money into your city’s coffers.
- Home is where the Hub is: The transit hub connects all your transit together. While letting citizens join lines in one building. Or decide to hop from the bus onto the ferry. Even find their way through a sprawling monorail-train-metro station.
- The Traffic Must Flow: New scenarios will test your traffic management skills and transit system vision. New road types, bridges and canals adds variety to your city. Yet there are new ways to solve its challenges. Become an expert in traffic flow. So then use your knowledge to improve your city.
- New Hats for Chirper: No expansion is complete without some new hats for fictional birds!
So coming soon we will have more details in the news. The gaming experience will be available for Linux, Mac and Widnows PC. While more details for Cities: Skylines – Mass Transit can be found on the official website.
In the news now. With one eye on the rising sun and another eye on a glorious future. Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven is #available now on Steam and Paradox Store (Steam code) for Linux. Mandate of Heaven is the new expansion to #ParadoxDevelopmentStudio’s flagship gaming franchise. Announced last month, with new exploration, religious turmoil, economic dominance and conquest. While taking its name from the Chinese belief that their empire is divinely ordained. So Mandate of Heaven will bless your ambitions for years to come.
While at the center of Mandate of Heaven. Players will find the new Historical Ages system. Hence the associated Golden Eras. Where the four centuries of play are divided into four Historical Ages. Each with seven objectives and seven special abilities that can be unlocked. If you accomplish three objectives in an Age, you may choose to initiate a Golden Era. While giving your empire 50 years of prosperity and military prowess. But choose your time wisely! You only get one Golden Era per game.
Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven Trailer:
Mandate of Heaven’s other features include:
- Empire of China: The Chinese Emperor brings news of great powers at his disposal. So the efficient bureaucrats keep things running smoothly. But greedy neighbors may seek to take the Mandate of Heaven for themselves.
- Ashikaga Shogunate: The Japanese Shogunate is now reworked. So there is for more interaction and political considerations among the daimyo. As Shogun, carefully balance the pride of your subjects. Or compel the news for them to choose an honorable death.
- Confucian Harmony: So keep order in your eastern realm or risk short term spiritual disruption in exchange for long term religious harmony.
- Shinto Isolation: Will your Japanese kingdom seek benefits in an open society or promote greater unity through closed doors? Major incidents will challenge your aspirations.
- Tributaries: Eastern empires can persuade weaker neighbors to pay an annual tribute in gold, manpower or monarch points in this new subject nation format.
- Diplomatic Macro Builder: New addition to the left-hand side macrobuilder automates many repeated diplomatic tasks.
- And more including Chinese meritocracy and Manchu Banner troops
As usual, Mandate of Heaven launches alongside a major free update to Europa Universalis IV that improves and updates many aspects of the core game experience.
Starting now, a number of Paradox Interactive Linux titles will go on sale on Steam for the weekend. Including the Europa Universalis IV core game (includes Steam code). Ambitious rulers who have yet to try their hand at world conquest gaming. Having the perfect opportunity to try the latest version of the game alongside its newest expansion.
Big news since the developer diary, Stellaris: Utopia, the first major expansion #releases for Stellaris. Hence the #best-selling science fiction #grandstrategy game for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. One that delivers unparalleled variety in an ever changing universe. So Stellaris: Utopia itself adds new ways to improve your planets. Even your own species. While allowing players to reach your full gaming potential in a multitude of new ways. Hence both peaceful and aggressive.
Since the time has come to lead your species into a permanent golden age. A future where your scientists and energy of your administrators. While everything is harnessed to build immense mega-structures. Where sound leadership and a firm hand in diplomacy will bring your species to the promised land. Hence we are passed the release date, now we are in Utopia.
So one of the major upgrades in Utopia news, the addition of Ascension perks. Allowing players to harness the unity of your species. While establishing strong cultural traditions. Allowing your empire to carry on your specific vision of Utopia. Choose to advance via genetic engineering, psionic exploration, or even abandon mortal flesh. Hence the gaming experience is completely open to pursue a path of cybernetic ascension.
Feature releases for Stellaris: Utopia:
- Megastructures: Build ringworlds or Dyson spheres to make the most of your star system, adding prestige and power to those who wield this technology.
- Habitat Stations: Your subjects can orbital habitat stations. No longer will you be forced to fight costly wars to house a burgeoning population.
- More Evil Empires: Use your subjects as domestic servants, battle thralls…or food
- Indoctrination: Before bringing a pre-FTL civilization in to the galactic community, it’s important that they believe the right things. Guide the primitives to follow your true path.
- Advanced Civics: Three new civics for your empire to aid in the dynamic story-telling that Utopia excels at – syncretic evolution, mechanist and fanatic purifier.
- Hive Minds: Can you master the challenge of ruling an empire that is one collective consciousness?
- And more: New events, new decisions and the mystery of The Shroud.
Stellaris: Utopia launches with the Banks update to Stellaris. Another major upgrade free to all Stellaris owners on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. The Banks update reworks the place of factions in your population, adds new challenges to maintaining internal stability within your Empire, and makes changes to how ethics work in the game. The goal is to make empire management a more engaging task.
While having starting already, a number of Paradox Interactive titles are on sale on Steam for the weekend. Hence including the Stellaris core game. Players across the galaxy who have yet to explore Paradox’s new worlds will have the perfect opportunity to try the latest version of the game alongside its newest expansion.
Stellaris: Utopia is now available on Steam and the official Paradox store for $19.99 USD. Linux is supported on both releases, seeing Paradox issue a Steam gaming code anyway. Which shouldn’t be news.
While the news of #Paradox Interactive releasing Tyranny on Twitch is real. Hence the prime evil publisher of #games just #announced the news. But with some restrictions. The critically acclaimed role-playing game (RPG) from Obsidian Entertainment is only for sale on Windows PC.
So Tyranny is an RPG set in a world after conquering of an evil overlord. The game is now available to purchase on Twitch, with sales revenue being split with Twitch partner-based streamers. Starting now, fans can purchase Tyranny – Commander Edition via their favorite streamer’s channel. Hence receiving the classic-styled RPG to enjoy on Linux, Mac, and Windows PC’s. Plus a Twitch Crate full of exclusive rewards. While 5% of the purchase price goes directly to the streamer. Providing of course he or she (the streamer) has opted into the gaming program.
However, looking more closely at the program. The Twitch Desktop App is needed for the game. Which is interesting, since the Cursed-like application is only available for Mac and Windows PC. And the purchase page for Tyranny only shows Windows support details. Therefore making the new store and the Twitch program very limited.
Tyranny places players within a world where a brutal clash between good and evil has taken place – and evil has emerged triumphant. Players will take on the role of a high-ranking officer in the armies of Kyros the Overlord. Making world-altering, morally difficult decisions that guide the fate of thousands. Finding their place in a new world order. So the story follows the player’s character as they interact with the populace to inspire loyalty, disgust, or fear, empowered to act as both judge and executioner.
Twitch viewers can purchase Tyranny – Commander Edition now for $44.99 USD (via Amazon) from the channel of their choice. Or you could just buy the game on sale. Currently discounted from 33% – 40% from Steam, GOG or Humble Store. Hence not the best way to end off this bit of gaming news. Since more support will be in order if Twitch ever expects to have Linux gamers backing Streamers.
To learn more about Tyranny on Twitch, visit the official Twitch page.