Tag Archives: pc
Some rather significant gaming news, the underwater action RPG Diluvion hits Linux. Developer Arachnid Games have been following up on the Linux thread via Steam. While this is not quite a full Linux release. There is a Beta branch accessible to all who are able to play-test the game.
“The Linux build should be up and accessible on the beta now, let us know if there are still issues!
Sound will be added next week. so we suggest waiting until then to actually play the game.
We’ll set up Linux as a dual-boot on one of our systems soon in order to test it ourselves. but if someone can try running the game and giving us the thumbs up that everything’s working that’d be mucho appreciated.”
Since being forced into the deep oceans by a Great Flood from centuries ago. Humanity now survives under a thick layer of unbreakable ice. While their survival hangs by a tenuous thread. But seeing that they are strong, a new civilization is evolving with distinct kingdoms, religions and cultures.
So explore the dangers of the depths in this amazing flooded world of Diluvion. Then unearth untold riches and glory. Discovering the remnants of civilization in numerous unique towns. All while learning their local lore, trade news and treasure. Hiring new new members in the process. Improving each of the 9 unique submarines using the deep upgrade system. Gaining access to new areas and loot. Complete with different types of cannons and torpedoes to overcome dangers. Assembling your own unique crew to brave it alongside you. Whether you wish to play as a silent hunter or a guns blazing dreadnought. Arrange your crew members and weapons to fit your playstyle.
- A Beautiful Underwater World to Explore: Three massive and beautifully realized open sea zones to explore. Each with their own factions, local stories and more
- Innovative Combination of 2D & 3D Graphics: Experience the mysteries of the deep in beautifully rendered 3D graphics as you navigate your submarine. Seamlessly switch to meticulously hand-painted 2D graphics when exploring towns and cities
- Thrilling Real-Time Submarine Combat: Utilize an arsenal of underwater weapons. Engage in life-or-death firefights with other submarines and deadly creatures
- Crew Recruitment: Assemble your own unique crew to fight alongside you. Recruiting different Helmsmen, Gunners and Sonar Technicians. Utilize each of their special skills. Different personalities to change the flow of combat and exploration.
- Upgradable Submarines: Continuously improve your vessel. Add new weapons that can dramatically change the tide of battle. Then gain access to new areas by increasing its dive depth. While collecting hull armour plates.
- 9 Pilotable Submarines: Explore the world to uncover 9 unique pilotable submarines while gaming. Each with their own feel, strengths and weaknesses
- Resource Management: This world is not for the faint of heart. As resources are limiting and survival is a constant battle. You’ll have to actively manage your food supplies and oxygen levels. So keep your crew alive and overcome the perils of the sea
- Upgradeable Home Base: Build and grow your own base of operations under the sea. Housing all your stand-by crew members and submarines. Upgrade your base to increase your notoriety and wealth. Since upgraded bases can also house valuable opportunities. Such as rare item merchants and bars with notorious sailors as patrons.
- Loot System: The world is full of rare loot and quests to discover. Especially for those who dare to venture off the beaten path
- Terrifying Underwater Foes: Explore the world and test your bravery against giant sea creatures. Plus mysteries undersea anomalies!
So another bit of news, Diluvion is available now on Steam with a 25% discount until May 1st. Eager players can get into Linux gaming by joining the Beta branch.
Now with a full release in gaming news, Hot Guns. Hence this #fast and #destructive action-platformer for Linux, SteamOS and Windows PC. All with a different variation of random #gameplay. Now the full release is available on Steam.
So I have to admit, my first impression is Broforce. The epic shooter platformer that boasts a roster of nostalgia beyond compare. Let alone the multiplayer action. Yet it seems we have a contender, Hot Guns.
What’s the Story
Since serious problems arise. The quick and simple solution, the only choice, they call for you. So conventional methods of operation “shoot first then shoot again!”. The mission, eliminate the 3 guys in charge. Hence the rather predictable but well armed organisation. Here players will get coordinates, a pager, powerful guns. And even bigger news, access to unlimited ca$h. While working on the basis of what you find is yours.
Hot Guns Features
- Full-action Single Player story mode
- Up to 4 Players in the Local Co-op missions [more to come with the updates]
- Local Deathmatch arenas
- An awful a lot of justified violence
- Powerfully messy guns
- Milions of fake currency to collect (it can be spend to buy even more powerful guns !)
- Gadgets which will make running and shooting even more pleasant
- And who knows what else [with future news updates]
So all of the Hot Guns gaming mayhem is available now on Steam. Hence this release comes with a 15% discount until May 5th for Linux, SteamOS and Windows PC.
If you follow gaming news, you will know about the new and unique 3D #RPG #multiplayer #sandbox MyWorld. Since the game is created by The Game Creators, who just released an update. Now due not that the Linux release is not available yet. However this is as Unity 3D game and should work in Wine.
So now the developers are adding a massive 950+ Loot Fest. While not including rings, weapons and armour sets. Giving players a chance to grab drops from killing enemies in any world you are adventuring. Since this this also guarantees loot drops from bosses. Plus inventory for storing loot and checking hero/items stats.
We are looking into porting MyWorld to Linux and hope to carry out this development once our current Early-Access release is completed.
How long will MyWorld be in Early Access?
“We’ll develop and refine the product for another 9 months or so before a final full release. The timing will be determined by the player feedback we receive as we work alongside our early adopting community.”
Dave Milton, Lead Developer on MyWorld, said today, “There are now 13 levels of difficulty from Evergreen to Demon Blight 5. Set from your inventory when inside the hub world. All 967 items can be found in each of the 13 levels. So we actually have just added 12,571 items. Plus, our 5 knights, including the infamous ‘Bucket Man’. Now having names and a great mix of abilities and strengths.”
So this latest news update to MyWorld brings big improvements. Yet follows the addition of combat two weeks ago and the ongoing addition of loads of gaming content.
Released on Steam Early Access. MyWorld has been described by users as “It’s like RPG maker, but with 3D graphics, better gameplay. And you don’t have to be a nuclear physicist to make a good story and game” and “An excellent framework for beginners, MyWorld is like Minecraft for game design”.
Today in gaming news, the developers of the original Gold Rush! just launched Gold Rush! 2. Since the #game was decades in the making, this is a true 80’s video game #classic making are return. Hence this release on Steam is currently only available for Windows PC, a Linux release will follow.
So the original Gold Rush! was published in 1988. One of a series of seminal graphic #adventure games from Sierra Online. That game helped define video games history and represents a time when games were games. So playing with a joystick meant something, else.
“A Linux port is planned but now not 100% sure. We will see that after the PC release.”
Gold Rush! 2:
- From the writers of the original 80’s classic and set 20 years after the original Gold Rush!
- Completely new story and quests
- New rendered and animated scenes throughout the game, all in full HD
- New music throughout
About Gold Rush! 2
Gold Rush! 2 moves the story forward 20 years to 1869.
Jerrod Wilson left his home in Brooklyn, New York during the legendary Gold Rush of 1849. While in search of his brother Jake, who was forced to leave 11 years earlier. After a long adventure, Jake and Jerrod found the richest vein of gold in California’s Mother Lode. So 20 years have now past and the brothers are very wealthy. If they were to return home, their wealth would guarantee them influence and power.
Word arrives from Brooklyn that all is not good. William Tweed, a petty criminal who Jake and Jerrod know from their childhood. Hence now grown to become the head of a gang of thieves and extortionists. What’s more, he is now in the State Legislature. So members of his gang have key positions in authority, including the police. Jake and Jerrod decide to sell their mine and travel home on the newly constructed Transcontinental Railroad. The brothers have evidence that will send Tweed to prison for the rest of his life.
But Tweed has heard they are coming. Having already puts plans in place to stop them from ever returning to Brooklyn. Will the brothers make it back home? If they do, can they stop Tweed’s growing power?
Since Gold Rush! 2 has now launched on Steam for Windows PC gaming. This also includes a 15% discount until May 5th by the way. We will have more news about the coming Linux release from Sunlight Games. Since Gold Rush! Anniversary launched back in 2014 on Linux.
Right now in gaming news, the new #releasedate trailer for Rakuen releases. Hence announcing the full Linux, Mac and Windows PC launch of the story-based adventure game. Created by Plants vs. Zombies composer #LauraShigihara. So Rakuen and its soundtrack will be available May 10th on Steam.
Rakuen Release Date Announcement Trailer:
Rakuen is a story-based adventure game about a little Boy who lives in the hospital. One day, the Boy asks his Mom to escort him to the fantasy world from his favorite storybook. So that he can ask the Guardian of the Forest to grant him one wish. In order to receive his wish, the Boy must complete a set of challenges. Each revolving around helping his neighbours in the hospital. Hence interacting with their alter-egos in the fantasy world.
Hence the story includes a cranky old man who guards a broken music box with his life. While complaining that he never gets any visitors. A young woman in a coma whose husband hasn’t left her side in months. Also a little girl who laments over a friend she was never able to say goodbye to after growing ill. The Boy slowly begins to realize that his neighbors are plagued by secrets and struggles. While all are mysteriously tied to the strange hospital.
- Heartwarming and character-rich story.
- Unique non-combat adventure that mixes whimsical dungeons, eerie room escape puzzles. With dialogue-based mysteries that are intricately tied to the story.
- Walk a mile in everyone’s shoes as you traverse each character’s life to learn about their unfinished business and help them through it.
- An original soundtrack featuring multiple vocal songs that are closely tied to each character.
- Collect items and build friendships to gradually make the hospital a better place.
- Go on humorous quests for strange creatures in the fantasy world.
So expect to see Rakuen on the official release date of May 10th. Which is coming available via Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. While the Original 52-Track Soundtrack is available on Bandcamp for $5.