Tag Archives: release
Kalypso Media is thrilled to #announce that Vikings – Wolves of Midgard. Hence this new action RPG is #available to #purchase now on Steam (Windows PC). While this does not apply to Linux just yet, we are keen to share the release in gaming news.
Sharpen your axe, make your blood sacrifice to your deity. So prepare to embark on an epic and brutal adventure as you journey to the Shores of Midgard. Hence a world based on the mythology and bloody history of the Vikings. Take on the endless evil forces by becoming either a Viking warrior or shield maiden.
Master several weapon styles and magical abilities as you battle increasingly challenging enemies and boss encounters. While combat styles include sword and shield, two-handed hammer, staff, bow and dual-wield axes. Since collecting resources and special runes on your adventures you’ll be able to use the game’s in-depth crafting system to upgrade your equipment. Dedicated explorers will also be able to find legendary weapons and armors. As well as Artifact weapons tucked away in each of the levels to release the most powerful gear in the game. Alongside items and materials, the other key resource you’ll be harvesting is blood. Since it is used to level up and earn Gift points, which in turn unlock special powers called ‘Gifts of the Gods’.
To celebrate the launch of Vikings – Wolves of Midgard. Kalypso has prepared a short featurette video showing some of the brutal combat. Since this key news, highlighting epic boss battles players encounter in gaming, on the journey to stop Ragnarok. Including the coming release Linux.
About Vikings – Wolves of Midgard:
Vikings – Wolves of Midgard will transport you to the Shores of Midgard. A world based on the mythology and history of the Vikings. Battle the fearsome Jotan, hordes of terrifying undead monstrosities and other myriad beasts of Ragnarok. Either on your own or by teaming up with a friend via the online co-op multiplayer mode. Master mighty weapons, including sword and shield, two-handed hammers, dual-wielded axes and swift bows. Earn blood in battle to offer in tribute to the Gods in order to acquire and enhance devastating Spell Powers and other special unlockables. As well as the regular story mode (and New Game+), players can also test their mettle in the ‘Trials of the Gods’ – a special challenge mode that rewards the best warriors with special equipment and runes.
Features of Vikings – Wolves of Midgard:
- Fantasy Meets Nordic Mythology: Travel the realms of earthly Midgard, freezing Niflheim and boiling Balheim, either as a fierce Viking warrior or merciless shieldmaiden.
- The Deadly Fimbulwinter: Withstand the deathly colds and protect yourself from exposure to nature’s wrath in order to survive.
- Tribute to the Gods: Collect blood from fallen enemies and sacrifice it at the altar to gain gifts from the Gods to enhance your powers.
- Berserker Rage: Let your anger take hold by activating Rage Mode to overwhelm your enemies in bloodthirsty combat.
- The art of combat: Perfect your skills with each weapon to unlock their true potential, including swords, bows and spell-powered canes.
- The Power of the Gods: Make the abilities of the Gods your own by equipping power-infused amulets, like the Talismans of Thor or Loki. Put your new skills to the test by competing in the Trials of the Gods to earn further rewards.
- Teamwork: Team up with a friend and journey to the Shores of Midgard. Together in an epic two-player online co-op mode. Choose between four difficulty levels to suit your skills and talents. Do you dare attempt the unrelenting hardcore mode?
- The Clan of Wolves: Restore and rebuild your village and lead your clan to glory. Upgrade buildings such as weaponsmith, armorer, runesmith, and mead hall to release more content and better equipment.
- Legendary Weapons: Gather the scattered fragments of mythical weapons and armors to take on the most fearsome creatures of the realms.
- A Class of its Own: Become even more powerful in the next life by attempting New Game+, and push your Viking warrior or shieldmaiden to their limit.
- Destructible Environments: Utilize your surroundings by burying your foes under falling rocks or pushing them off high cliffs.
Vikings – Wolves of Midgard is available today globally on Steam (Windows PC*). And yes, the Linux and Mac builds will follow, no official release date has been issued.
The latest gaming news, Sunburned Games. Their Early Access game, The Great Whale Road will be making a full release on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Hence the story driven #RPG and #turnbased #tactics plus historical fiction game will launch, March 30th.
The big gaming news, The Great Whale Road release will include the complete storyline for the Danes of Úlfarrsted. So this story, plus the seasonal events, side quests, resource management and tactical turn-based combat will be included. Hence the result of two years of work, including eight months of Early Access community feedback. Sunburned Games thanks the community, their team, and their families.
Set in the Early Middle Ages, the game revives an ancient world through its digitally hand-drawn art, colourful characters, atmospheric soundtrack, and deeply researched lore.
- Playable storyline for the Danes from Úlfarrsted, a village on a small North Sea island just off the coast from the Danish-Saxon borderland.
- Chapter 1 and 2 of a story-driven campaign along the Danish, Saxon, Frisian and Frankish coast.
- Character missions for your chosen warriors.
- Four combat classes and associated warcry cards.
- Land and sea combat environments.
- Equip your characters with weapons and armour sets.
- A dynamic event system which covers all areas of medieval life from farming to family feuds.
- Mac and Linux versions.
- Chapters 3 and 4 of the Danish story.
- More character quests.
- Playable storylines for other cultures: Franks and Frisians.
- A smarter and harder AI.
- Character progression and ship upgrades.
- More content: characters, warcries, missions, rumours and events.
So going forward, Sunburned Games will release two storylines. Both based on two separate cultures: the Franks and the Frisians. Therefore players can look forward to this additional narrative content. Which will be added to the game in two free updates before the summer.
The March release finishes the Danish story and completes the core feature set of the game. This also includes improvements to combat and resource management, adding new mechanics for deeper gameplay.
The Great Whale Road story driven RPG will launch on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. No word yet on a launch day discount. So here’s hoping.
So the big gaming news, the latest #update #release for RPG Maker MV brings Linux support. Up to this point, the base game has only been available on Steam for Windows and Mac, so this is a viable change. RPG Maker MV has been identified as “the easiest way to make your own role playing game.” Since the game uses a more user-friendly map system. This will help in build the #RPG world, which I have never played to be honest. But apparently the automated mapping system in MV is easy to use.
Check out the March Madness Mini-Game Contest as well.
So regardless skill level or experience or skill level, virtually anyone can use the tools to make a game. Now RPG Maker MV not only has a Linux editor, but you can export to the platform as well. Who’s up for some game making??
The software can run on both Linux, Mac and Windows PC’s. While exporting games for the following platforms:
- HTML 5 for Web Browsers
So marking the release of RPG Maker MV comes March MV Midweek Madness. The sale will only run for 7 days, ending on March 24th. So if you have the interest and the time to create your own RPG, that 60% discount for the base game or bundles will end on Friday.
Also, the other big of gaming news, this sale is the best time grab some resources. The RPG Maker MV DLC discounts as high as 60% (no Linux support, yet).
New in gaming news, the “uber-gore” first person shooter Strafe is a cross between Quake and Brutal Doom. While including a bit of System Shock 2, the Linux, Mac and Windows PC release was #scheduled in January for a March #release.
The new release date will #delay the launch for approximately 7 weeks. Since Devolver Digital outlined in January that it planned to launch Strafe on March 28. The May 9th release date will apply for the game’s Linux, Mac and Windows PC version as well as PlayStation 4. While Devolver Digital have not yet announced the price of the game.
Strafe Release Date trailer:
“Strafe requires over 150,000 meticulously placed polygons to create its bleeding edge graphics,” said Thom Glunt, game director on Strafe at Pixel Titans, in a news release. “Through an unexpected legal entanglement and a series of clerical errors, nearly 25,000 of those polygons arrived late to Pixel Titans world headquarters thus delaying the game by a few weeks.”
- ACE MELTING SPEED! The blazing fast action will hit you like the blast wave of a 50 megaton thermonuclear warhead, liquefying your skin cells and rupturing your internal organs. Yet still leave you coming back for more.
- PERMANENT DAMAGE AND GIBS! ÜBER-GORE® technology means enemies explode with near never-ending fountains of blood, which never fades away. Create wicked works of death art that mark your explored territory from the unventured.
- ENDLESS CHANGING LEVELS! Randomly-generated levels are always different and violently unpredictable. Rooms, enemies, power ups, monster closets, and secrets move around every time you die and die and die and die!As a Scrapper on a impossibly dangerous mission at the edge of the galaxy, you only have one life to navigate all the nightmarish terrains of Strafe. When you die, nothing will ever be the same again.
- STRAFE® ALSO INCLUDES:
Four unique zones (four levels each) that demand different death-defying gameplay styles
Gun upgrades that turn your average tool of death into an outright Holocaust machine
30+ insane weapons and 20+ blood-thirsty enemies
For the uninitiated, Strafe is a throwback to the mid-’90s, post-Doom halcyon days. Back when the first person shooter genre really made it’s debut in gaming news. Since Devil Daggers also has that 90’s first person shooter vibe. Something that would be on the back page of those old printed websites old men used to write. Hence the praise of the bombastic video game marketing of that era.
While in a classic first person deathmatch style, Kieru pits two #teams of Ninjas against each other. Since gameplay design focuses around the Japanese-inspired high contrast black and white #arenas, presenting a simple yet challenging experience. Plus we could see a Linux #release. First, check out the trailer below.
Kieru Official Greenlight Trailer:
Since Kieru is currently under development in Unreal Engine 4, this means a greater degree of flexibility. Plus the environment is a dynamic but straight forward black and white. While making for fast paced yet rather challenging gameplay.
Would love to do Linux port, our dedicated servers are running on linux distros so its definitely feasible.
I wouldn’t lock it in as we are a small team but I am definitely interested in doing a linux build!”
- Great aesthetics, pure gameplay: The monochrome world strips the stealth kill genre to its essence, whilst providing a clean, clear, graphical distinction between sitting ducks and lurking assassins.
- Rewards tactical excellence: Classic ninja tactics of subtlety and subterfuge are required for success. The killing blow should come from nowhere.
- Multiplayer mayhem: Different multiplayer map modes create a variety of team play challenges where only true ninjas will emerge victorious.
Kieru PAX Footage
So Pine Fire Studios take inspiration for the game in a mix of Samurai Jack and Quentin Tarantino’s films. Therfore the gameplay continues to developer into what we now see as Kieru. A Japanese hiragana word meaning to vanish, go out, or to extinguish.
Since Kieru is already Greenlit, the studio does not have a scheduled release date. Developer Pine Fire Studios outlines, “Official release date isn’t confirmed yet but we hope late this year!”. Stay tuned.