Tag Archives: turn based
Since #Zeboyd Games are back in the news. Their latest new #retro-styled RPG gaming #adventure Cosmic Star Heroine [official site] has made a debut on Steam. Hence this is exciting news for Linux since the native release is expected to follow. However the Zeboyd are working on the Linux and Mac port.
According to developer Zeboyd, Linux is going to be in the mix. Consider this a formal confirmation.
“I don’t know when the Linux build is coming, but it’s still planned.”
Since the studio name might not ring a bell, think Cthulhu Saves the World. Which is not available for Linux, but playable in Wine. So the new Cosmic Star Heroine title is not available for Linux yet. But does hold RPG inspirations from Quake 3, Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star. Hence the Cosmic Star Heroine story revolves around a top space spy gone rogue after uncovering a conspiracy. The Zeboyd developers create some great games. So it’s great to see this on is out, even if it is only on Windows so far. Which was originally planned a couple of years earlier during the Kickstarter in 2013.
Check out the launch trailer:
Since gaming revolves around Alyssa L’Salle, the top agent of the Agency of Peace & Intelligence. After she uncovers some terrible truths, not burned by the Agency. Hence she ventures across the galaxy recruiting a party to fight back in turn-based combat.
- The best of classic and modern RPGs!
- Brisk pacing that respects your time! Save anywhere!
- No separate battle screen! Battles take place directly in the areas that you explore!
- 2D visual style straight from the height of gaming’s 16-bit era!
- Animated cutscenes reminiscent of the Sega CD & Turbo Duo era!
- Soundtrack by HyperDuck SoundWorks (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Precipice of Darkness 4)!
- Over 100 minutes of music!
- Multi-character combo techniques!
- Innovative turn-based combat system that focuses on flow & strategy!
- Your own spaceship! Recruit new agents to help your home base grow!
Since Zeboyd’s retro RPG’s seem to have a polish consistency. We are pleased to have news of a coming Linux release. Yet they look like forgotten 16-bit games discovered in modern day. The developer duo have had plans to release Cosmic Star Heroine in 2014. However we do not have an exact release date for the native build. We will update this post accordingly.
So the latest coming release is gaming news, MidBoss. Hence the #traditional roguelike, but the main character has a #possessingmechanic. All from developer #KitsuneGames. Coming to Linux, Mac and Windows PC via Steam on May 23, 2017.
So besides including a possession mechanic. The game is loaded with a modern interface to set MidBoss apart. Hence creating a unique but traditional turn-based roguelike. So players take on the role of the imp. Which is the lowliest creature in the dungeon. But the advantage is, players can possess other creatures. While also learning their abilities through a quest, eventually becoming the dungeon’s final boss.
- Possess your enemy and gain their strengths and skills.
- 19 forms and over 60 abilities to unlock.
- Randomly generated loot and equipment system.
- Randomized potion system. (optional)
- Traps as well as unidentified and cursed items
- Dynamic music system that ups the musical excitement when enemies are about.
- Quick Play mode for shorter, more condensed play sessions.
- Custom Games so you can play the game exactly the way you want to.
- Shareable death cards document your run and how it ended. Load these in the game for stats or to play using the same seed and settings.
- Detailed tooltips.
- Line of sight and fog of war systems.
- Cratefish and balls of yarn currencies.
- Randomly generated dungeon floors.
- Several types of lootable containers and chests.
- Single-file save and resume with permadeath.
- Full options menu including key rebinding and resolution options.
- Multiple monitor support and borderless windowed fullscreen.
- Color-blind modes (deuteranopia, protanopia and tritanopia), optional high contrast font, and adjustable brightness.
- 12 retro mode filters available in the options menu.
So when a player dies while gaming, a death card is generated with details about their gameplay. And since this includes what killed them, this is also made available to share on Twitter.
Some bigger news, any itch.io owners who redeem their keys. Can play MidBoss during the closed beta period, ending May 22, will receive an exclusive. A non-tradable Steam inventory item which can be selected in-game. Giving their death cards a platinum beta border.
“A lot of people have supported MidBoss’s development. Particularly since it was first prototyped for Ludum Dare in 2012. With almost 7,000 games played to date,” says Emma ‘Eniko’ Maassen, founder of Kitsune Games. “The platinum border, one of many borders we plan to make in the future. Hence our way of thanking our early adopters for their continued support.”
MidBoss is already available for Windows beta on itch.io for $14.99 USD. Hence the same price the game will be at launch on Steam. So therefore Itch.io owners will be able to request Steam keys. Which can of course be activated immediately. Hence giving them a jump on the Steam closed beta. The beta will be Windows-only to start. Where Linux and Mac will follow.
So there you have it. Hence some intriguing gaming news about the coming release of roguelike RPG, MidBoss for Linux.
Attack of the Earthlings is a #turnbased #strategy #game. Just announced in gaming, developed by Team Junkfish. And since this is a Unity game, a Linux release should be a given, right?
So gameplay has players taking on the roll of aliens. While fending off an invasive of humans. Hence the humans have landed their massive space-drill on your house. So combining turn-based combat and stealth for this off-beat narrative campaign. Players will have to fight their way up the aforementioned space-drill. While consuming their enemies, upgrading their forces and attending a birthday party. Yes, seriously.
“We do plan linux support for Attack of the Earthlings“
Since the development team behind the project is Team Junkfish. We are interested to know more, but very little game details are available right now. Even a release date is TBD.
Yet this is a bit of a stretch from the Team Junkfish debut title, Monstrum. Hence the well rated first-person horror game that made news back in 2015. Which is still doing well on Steam.
- Attack of the Earthlings is a turn-based strategy game. Players take on the race of aliens fending off a deadly invasive species – humans. Who have landed their massive space-drill on your house. While combining turn-based combat and stealth in an off-beat narrative campaign.
- Evolve your Units: Convert human flesh into alien muscle. Consume corpses and use their biological material. Then transform your units into specialised roles with unique abilities!
- Plan your attack: Adapt your forces to the situation and your play style. Emerge from vents and lockers to take your prey by surprise. Such as group attack to kill multiple enemies at once. Or just gang up on someone bigger than you!
From just the humour side of Attack of the Earthlings, the game has our attention. While not necessarily the big news in gaming. We do have confirmation at least, so a Linux build is coming.
For more details, check out the official website.
So Forged of Blood is a riveting new fantasy turn-based tactical RPG #launching on Kickstarter tomorrow. Developed in #UnrealEngine4 and likely to make a Windows PC debut. And later followed by #Linux and likely Mac as well.
“We’re using Unreal Engine 4 and developing for PC right now. But definitely won’t rule out ports to Linux and other platforms!”
So we want to give you a pre-emptive first-look at some of the details. Since gameplay and the fate of a world hangs on your every decision. While you engage in challenging tactical combat as you find your place in a morally grey fantasy world. Hence deciding whether the ends will ultimately justify your actions.
Gameplay will throw players into a world being torn apart by racial tensions and sinister forces. Across the vast continent of Attiras, players will live the rise of power of the second son of a murdered king. From refugee to hero, navigating both strategic and tactical gameplay layers. Hence forging the empire anew or watch is run awash in blood in this turn-based RPG.
Forged of Blood Pre-Alpha Gameplay:
Forged of Blood will pit players against fantastic creatures and brutal enemies. While the tactical layer is designed to encourage player flexibility and creativity in battle. Here, positioning, build efficiency, and tactics can mean the razor thin line between victory and defeat.
Outside of combat, players will be charged with retaking the world of Attiras. Since this layer will have two different windows that will pit players On the strategic map. So players will have to move their combat parties around the continent to complete quests and claim territories.
Forged of Blood Features
- Tactical Fantasy: Take to the field with sword and shield or cast powerful spells. It’s all about deep turn-based RPG tactical combat against monsters and men.
- Classless Warfare: With 9 unique weapons and a vast magic system, Forged of Blood lets you build your characters any way you want – without being constrained by the typical tank/DPS/healer roles.
- Science in Magic: Explore the freedom and mysteries of one of the most complex and unique magic systems ever attempted in video games.
- Kingdom at War: Command up to three parties of heroic characters on the strategic layer in your fight to reclaim the empire you lost.
- Meaningful Choice: Your choices matter. From character building to your choices in the game narrative, your decisions will reverberate across the Strategic and Tactical layers of the game.
- Your ends; your means: In a world of grays and unique perspectives, it is up to you to decide what is “right” and “wrong” for the future of Attiras. Forged of Blood will introduce a new Tri-axis Personality Plot system in lieu of the traditional Good vs. Evil scale common in most RPG settings.
Forged of Blood turn-based RPG will be available for pledges tomorrow on Kickstarter.
Have something to say? Login and leave your comment.
So 1C are pleased to #announce the #release of Codex of Victory. Hence the sci-fi turn-based strategy with real-time #basebuilding elements, will release on March 16 th 2017 for Linux, Mac and Windows PC through Steam. And other digital stores. Since Codex of Victory’s developers are after all Ino-Co Plus, experienced creators of Warlock, Majesty 2 and Elven Legacy.
So Codex of Victory pits players, as star lords defending human territories on distant planets against the armies of the transhuman Augments. Therefore players expand their underground HQ to manufacture and upgrade an army of massive, advanced drone units. All before dropping them into turn-based battles in an interplanetary war for humankind. Hence fusing two closely-related strategic gameplay types, Codex of Victory will keep players going throughout the game’s extensive singleplayer campaign. While further hours of gaming can be had from head-to-head online combat, complete with detail and unit customization options.
About Codex of Victory
Since human society has been divided. On one side, the natural course of human evolution has a disruption. So what started as an attempt to adapt to the harsh conditions of outer space and hostile planets, led to the creation of a weird race of transhuman cyborgs – the Augments. While driven by a desire to ‘liberate’ ordinary humans from the limitations of their wholly organic bodies. Hence the Augments have launched a full-scale attack. Now we must defend our territory and fight back, to save our Kingdoms and all of humanity as we know it!
Codex of Victory gaming features an extensive story-driven, single-player campaign. Hence tasking the player with building and commanding a hi-tech army of drone vehicles, tanks and robots. While the campaign offers an exciting mix of real-time base building, global strategic planning and turn-based combat gaming. Hence travelling between planets and territories, your sole task is to stop the Augments.
Inspired by classics of the strategy genre, the base building element involves expanding your underground HQ in real-time. Collect room blueprints, build factories, research centers, workshops, laboratories and other facilities. Then prepare for battles ahead. Global tactical oversight comes from your Planetary map, on which you’ll instantly see where your armies need to be deployed.
Engage in tactical turn-based combat gaming on hex-mapped battlefields. Select your units and upgrades, deploy them to the battlefield using the terrain to your advantage and test your tactical skills in each mission. As you progress through the battles of the main storyline and the various randomly-generated side missions, you’ll gain access to over 25 units. Each type of unit comes in countless variations, thanks to a diverse range of upgrades and add-on modules. Build your best and put them to the test against the incoming Augments!
- Exciting combination of turn-based combat and real-time base building
- 20+ hours of story-based singleplayer campaign
- Online multiplayer battles with detailed army customization options
- 25+ unique units, each with countless variations
- High replay value ensured by randomly generated missions
- Neo-feudal sci-fi environment with vivid, cel-shaded graphics
So Codex of Victory currently has a 90% positive rating on Steam. Currently available for Linux, Mac and Windows PC, with the full release coming March 16 th 2017.