Create your character, gear up, and get ready to ascend the #games dangerous terrain. While facing magical beasts and ancient automatons in this beautifully illustrated indie game for Linux, Mac, Windows.
Inspired by classic SNES-era RPGs, Tangledeep features impeccable pixel art, along with a stirring score by lead developer and award-winning composer Andrew Aversa – accompanied by legends Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana) and Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth).
For hundreds of years, people have enjoyed the peaceful tranquility of underground settlements and villages, where the only route to the surface is “Tangledeep” – a mysterious and ever-changing labyrinth. With memories of the surface world long forgotten, you set out for the labyrinth to discover what lies above…
Tangledeep features a robust and customizable job system with nine unique jobs to master. The games also has support for a number of features designed to give players the perfect level of difficulty. You can opt for the true roguelike challenge of permadeath – or simply return to town upon death, for example. It’s also possible to share progress between characters by using the banking system – or by planting magic trees and raising monsters in town.
Andrew Aversa (Lead Developer, Impact Gameworks):
“The community that has sprung up around roguelikes is something truly special. The passion and enthusiasm, the sharing of epic runs…. It’s all so inspiring. I had to make a game that captured this spirit, and I think I’ve succeeded with Tangledeep.”
- Experience finely-tuned, procedurally-generated gameplay as you complete quests and collect items.
- Master deep, tactical combat across 9 unique jobs.
- Choose between 2 game modes: Heroic Mode (with permadeath – the way the game was intended to be played), and Adventure Mode (no permadeath).
- Share progress between characters by using a banking system – or planting magic trees and raising monsters in town.
- Take in the scenery – with stunning 16-bit graphics and carefully handcrafted maps!
- Play while listening to a beautiful soundtrack from award-winning composers.
Tangledeep releases now on Steam (Linux, Mac, Windows) for only $13.49 USD. Since this includes 10% off the game’s retail price. The sale will end on July 25th for both Steam Early Access and GOG.com.