Tangledeep the roguelike RPG gets an official launch date for Linux, Mac and Windows. Since independent game developer Impact Gameworks just announced the news. Their 16-bit inspired roguelike dungeon crawler, Tangledeep will bid farewell to Early Access. While the official release date is set for February 1st, 2018. Which will launch on Steam and GOG for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
So to celebrate the upcoming release. Impact Gameworks has released two stunning new pieces of artwork. Also an all-new pre-launch trailer. This highlights some of Tangledeep’s exotic environments and strategic combat.
Tangledeep Prelaunch Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Since the games main feature is a high level of replayability. This includes dozens of hours of gameplay. While exploring procedurally-generated maps. Also memorable characters with 12 unique job classes. And hundreds of items to collect and use. There are over 50 otherworldly monsters to battle and tame. Tangledeep weaves a truly magical experience for adventurers. So it does not matter what your skill level you are.
Tangledeep is a dungeon-crawling tribute to the golden age of RPGs. Taking inspiration by the lively visuals and music of such classic games. Such as Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger. Its strategic, turn-based gameplay combines the accessibility and polish of these games, and draws from a rich history of roguelikes from NetHack to Shiren the Wanderer and even modern dungeon crawlers like Diablo. Players can approach the titular, ever-changing labyrinth in a myriad of ways, using the game’s robust character job system and huge assortment of equipment to create a unique experience with each playthrough.
- Experience finely-tuned, procedurally-generated and handcrafted gameplay as you fight challenging monsters, complete quests, and collect rare items
- Master deep, tactical turn-based combat across 12 unique job classes with over 100 skills
- Choose between three game modes – including Adventure Mode, which removes the pain of permadeath
- Share progress between characters by using the banking system, planting magic trees, or capturing and raising monsters in the Monster Corral
- Venture into ITEM DREAMS, randomized mini-dungeons where anything goes
- Relax to a beautiful soundtrack composed by award-winning composer Andrew Aversa – joined by industry legends Hiroki Kikuta, Grant Kirkhope, and Norihiko Hibino
- Play with virtually any controller and remap any control, use old-school keyboard-only support, or play using just the mouse
- Unlock Steam Achievements and craft Badges for gorgeous hand-drawn wallpapers and emotes
The Tangledeep soundtrack is also highly notable. Featuring two styles: an authentic, retro SNES version. Also a modern version with beautiful orchestration. And live-recorded instrumentalists. Largely including music written by Andrew “zircon” Aversa. Which is the game’s programmer and designer. The Tangledeep soundtrack will also feature guest contributions. Hence the legendary composers such as Hiroki Kikuta. Known for Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3fame. Grant Kirkhope, composer for games like GoldenEye 007 and Banjo-Kazooie. And Norihiko Hibino, who has worked on such series as Metal Gear Solid, Yakuza, and Bayonetta.
Steam games launch date includes:
The games launch date will have a deluxe edition of Tangledeep. Including the game’s soundtrack . Which will also be made available on Steam at launch.