TANGLEWOOD is a brand new and original puzzle-platforming game launches today on Linux, Mac and Windows. The games originally release was for the SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis, But now we have native Linux support on Steam .
TANGLEWOOD is now available on Linux, Mac and Windows. Also Everdrive and even your favourite Mega Drive emulators. A true 16-bit, challenging platforming experience.
So this is retro gaming that will make fans of the golden gaming era feel warm and fuzzy. Possibly tingly too, but don’t look at me. I do not have experience with the TANGLEWOOD, yet.
While taking place in a fictional world. Gameplay follows a young creature, Nymn. Who is also separated from home after the twin suns set. Unable to get back to safety. Nymn must find a way to survive the night terrors and make it to morning.
TANGLEWOOD’s world is also a dangerous one after dark. So Nymn must use skills of evasion, special abilities, traps and cast trickery to defeat predators.
TANGLEWOOD is programmed in pure 68000 assembly language. While using the original development tools and processes from the 1990’s.
TANGLEWOOD retro action adventure Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
- A real 16-bit game, created for and playable on genuine SEGA consoles
- Mixes fast-paced 2D platforming action with puzzles, special abilities, tricks and traps
- 28 challenging levels spanning 8 story chapters
- Lovingly crafted characters and fluid animations
- Original soundtrack by freezedream, authored specially for the Mega Drive’s sound processors
- Time of day cycle, influencing the types of enemies encountered
- Collectables, achievements and secrets
Retro action adventure launches on Steam:
TANGLEWOOD brings back the adventure on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows. Which releases with a price tag of $17.99 USD.
Therefore, if you’re ready for an old school challenge. It’s time to jump back into 16-bit gaming and a challenging platforming experience.