Temple Of Snek tile-based puzzle dungeon adventure game on Windows PC is due to arrive on Linux. Thanks to the efforts of developer Aetheric Game. Which is currently available both Steam Early Access and Itch.io.
Temple Of Snek puts you deep in her lair slumbers an avatar of the goddess Snek. Who is also the guardian of her secret and mysterious temple. When raiders and grave robbers come seeking ancient treasure, the stern priestesses sound the alarm. So Snek awakens to defend the temple and munch the infidels. The keep on growing. This is where we enter the snaky tile-based dungeon puzzle adventure.
Reaching out to developer Aetheric Game, it looks like Linux support is coming:
We do have Linux support planned for Temple Of Snek, sometime in the next year.
It’s on the roadmap. I’m hoping to have native Linux and Mac builds for version 0.3.0.
While this is good news, the Early Access development is due to go on for a year. We can expect a Linux port before the full release. This will also depend on the games development.
Temple Of Snek – Early Access Release
Pixeljam tirelessly explores the possibilities of the low resolution and minimal aesthetic. They also created over 20 games in its 14 years of existence. Playing as a giant snake in an intercoiled tile-based puzzle dungeon. So explore, master puzzle mechanics and special abilities. While you uncover secrets… all is not what it seems in the Temple Of Snek.
Features in the current version:
- a continuous, interwoven puzzle dungeon with 2-5 hours of gameplay
- rhythm and length-based traps and puzzles
- procedural music that changes as you play Temple Of Snek
- Classic mode: eat-and-grow score attack
Extra features coming to the final version:
- five environments with distinct art, music and puzzle styles
- 4 NPC types with unique puzzle mechanics
- secret powers to discover and master Temple Of Snek
- a wordless, environmental narrative with a twist in the tale
- Mek-a-Snek: design your own snake-skin pattern
- Level Editor: make and share your own snek puzzles!
Temple Of Snek tile-based puzzle dungeon adventure releases on Windows PC. But is due to make its way onto Linux. Available priced at $9.99 USD plus a 10% discount until August 25th on Steam Early Access and Itch.io.