Terra Invicta space grand strategy testing Linux support with Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to recent details from developer Pavonis Interactive. Working toward a Steam release this summer.
Terra Invicta is a space grand strategy alien invasion game. The Kickstarter, back in October 2020, raised more than $216,000 USD from 4,278 backers at its conclusion. Due to release in Summer 2021. Taking place in the modern day, it simulates the geopolitics of an alien invasion of Earth. While features space exploration and space warfare in the Solar System as humanity tries to mount a defense. Terra Invicta players must contend with both aliens as well as pro alien human groups. Each vying for control of the Earth.
Developer Pavonis Interactive replied via email, “we’re testing a Linux build now to ensure it’s stable.” Since the games developed in Unity 3D, this should mean a day one release. That also depends on how well testing is going. But it’s a pleasure to have confirmation that a native build is already in the works.
Terra Invicta Gameplay Trailer
From the creators of Long War, a free mod for the 2012 game XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Taking from that, Terra Invicta bridges the gap between life on Earth and the vast space empires. At least those found in other space strategy games. Letting you the player gain command over Earth’s nations.
Control one of these factions:
- The Resistance works to form an alliance of nations to mount a unified defense
- Humanity First vows to rid the aliens alongside any who side with them
- Servants worship the aliens in Terra Invicta. Believing they will solve all the troubles of the world
- Protectorate work to put together a surrender as the only means to avoid destruction
- The Academy hopes the alien arrival bring an opportunity for an interstellar alliance
- Initiative seeks to profit from the chaos and destruction
- Project Exodus plans to build a massive starship and flee the Solar System
Pavonis was founded as Long War Studios in 2015. Doing so by the hobbyists who led the team that developed the Long War mod. The company was hired by 2K Games in 2015 to develop release day mods for XCOM 2. Then an overhaul mod, Long War 2. Its work has been praised in multiple industry outlets. Then of course Terra Invicta entered full production in 2017, Which now available for Wishlisting on Steam.