Terroir is the winemaking tycoon game by General Interactive Co. Since the game fully releases today for Linux, Ubuntu, Mac and Windows on Steam and Humble Store. Leaving Early Access for good and ready for harvest? Who wouldn’t play a vineyard sim, right?
Manage your estate and grow a variety of grapes. All while crafting renowned wine to maximize your profits in Terroir. Since players can choose from different varieties of grapes. Crafting them into wines, then having them reviewed by the games wine critics.
Players will also develop relationships with suppliers to get the best prices. Customize your vineyard and expand it to up to 34 tiles as you follow your vision of the perfect estate.
So tending to your virtual vineyard isn’t always easy as unpredictable weather. Since the harsh realities of winemaking take hold. Yet fear not, you’re more than capable of crafting the finest wine. With a bit of perseverance of course.
Terroir Launch Trailer:
- Choose from a selection of different grape varieties, each with their own demands.
- Dynamic weather system reflecting the unpredictability of real world climate.
- Each complete playthrough lasts 60 in-game years, but Players can continue playing without contributing to their final score.
- Craft wine through the game’s 4 winemaking processes: Crushing, Fermentation, Pressing and Ageing. Each type of grape needs to be crafted a certain way to achieve the best results, so you’ll have to learn and master each one.
- Start out with a single planting tile, then expand your Estate to up to 33 tiles, using 6 different tile types. Some tiles affect the ones around it, so placement is key.
- Customize your estate with ambient items.
- CHANCE & CIRCUMSTANCE: Terroir’s random event and mission system. Players can open the Mystery Box and choose between CHANCE (a random event that could either have a positive or undesirable outcome) or CIRCUMSTANCE (a mission that a Player completes for rewards, or gets penalized for failing).
- Join Wine Awards for a chance to earn bonuses to your wine’s value and your Estate’s renown.
- Clean, minimalist design and gorgeous low-poly 3D models.
- Original soundtrack composed and performed by Singapore’s CLARQuinet ensemble.