The Facebook post issued by developer commented on the delay. Happily announcing the development of “The Banner Saga 2.”
Stressing that the development of “Banner Saga 2’s development is progressing nicely”, where gamers who attended Gamescon and PAX have already witnessed. “The board game is being developed by MegaCon Games and in no way has affected our development on porting Banner Saga to consoles nor has it caused any delays to Banner Saga 2,” the developers added.
The top 5 things we know about Banner Saga 2:
1. Release Date – The game will be available in the first quarter of 2016. A representative of Versus Evil, the publisher of the title confirmed the new release date of The Battle Saga 2, and the developers expect to update fans about the title’s release date.
2. Key features of “The Battle Saga 2” includes the following per Steam:
- The epic Viking saga continues on – beautifully 2D hand drawn combat sequences and animations are further enhanced with special effects, once again accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory
- Player choice that continues to drive your narrative – your story continues based on choices made in the first game as well as hard choices you have to make in this one.
- New Characters and a New Race – continue your epic journey interacting with new characters and a new race, the Horseborn.
- Improved Strategic combat with consequences – improved, more strategic battle boards enhance combat and permanent loss of characters will still weigh heavy on your mind long after the battle is over.
- The journey is as important as battle – your role in building and managing your caravan as you travel the vast landscape is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization.
3. The Battle Saga is designed as a trilogy, originally release on January 14, 2015. The story will continue in the sequel with a third game planned to complete the series according to Reality Today.
4. Developers – The role-playing game began with a trio of former BioWare staff later known as Stoic.
No official release date has been announced for “The Banner Saga 2,” other than being expected to arrive early next year. And the Linux and SteamOS release is assumed at this point. Stay tuned, we will have more information and update the post with further confirmation.