The Battle of Steeltown is out for Wasteland 3 in Linux gaming, Mac, and Windows PC. Thanks to the continuing efforts of developer inXile entertainment. The new expansion DLC is available on both Steam and GOG. While reviews are 65% mixed.
The Battle of Steeltown is the first story expansion DLC for the squad based RPG Wasteland 3. Which follows the now towering factory complex of Steeltown manufactures. Which is also the tech that keeps Colorado running and the Patriarch in power trucks. Including their armor, weapons, and robots. But deliveries from Steeltown have stopped cold. So now all of that the Patriarch is getting from Abigail Markham Steeltown’s leader are excuses. When he sends the Rangers to investigate. This is the Battle of Steeltown.
Now, as a result, they find the place is a powder keg with the fuse already lit. The workers are striking, bandits raid with impunity, and nobody can come through the gates. Not even on the business of the Patriarch. Without help, Steeltown could crash and burn for good, and take Markham with it. With The Battle of Steeltown, maybe that’s just what it needs.
Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown Launch Trailer
The Rangers will have to decide that for themselves.
- Traverse the Steeltown manufacturing complex alone or in co-op in this epic story expansion. Take on challenging new quests in the Battle of Steeltown. Face off against new robotic enemies, and solve the mystery at the heart of Steeltown. Doing so however you see fit.
- Tactical combat is taken to new heights with new mechanics. Like devastating telegraphed attacks, stacking status effects, elemental shields, and non-lethal weapons. Letting you solve Steeltown’s skirmishes in brand new ways.
- Combat and gear scaling mean that both new and returning players can enter Steeltown during their playthroughs for a level appropriate challenge. Including a story and cast of characters that adapt to the decisions, you’ve already made.
- The Battle of Steeltown expands the base game with new enemies, weapons, armor, world map encounters, and crafting recipes .
- Music Supervisor Mary Ramos and Composer Mark Morgan return with original scores and new post apocalyptic inspired covers.
The Battle of Steeltown is also part of the new Wasteland 3 Expansion Pass. Which is available via Steam for Linux gaming, Mac, and Windows PC. Since this gives you access to two DLCs. Further expanding on the base game’s locations, characters, combat, and systems. As well as the Rangers’ overall mission while in Colorado.
The Expansion Pass contains:
- DLC 1 – The Battle of Steeltown – Now available!
- DLC 2 – Coming Summer 2021