The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 coming to Early Access next month
The story takes place one year after the events of The Book of Unwritten Tales. Four playable #characters, Wilbur the gnome mage, elven princess Ivo, adventurer Nate and his companion, the critter, all have their own problems to deal with. But then a new threat appears and the four work together to save the world of #Aventasia once more.
Players will play each of our heroes individually but there are also times where two or even three characters are being played simultaneously, in order to solve some of the riddles & quests. The game features the city of Seastone and many new locations, like flying pirate cities, sunken desert-temples, the elven palace, the Seastone underground and many more. Check out the press release:
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 is going to be huge. While most current adventure games have less than 75.000 spoken words of dialogue and BoUT1 had about 100.000 words, BoUT2 will contain more than 150.000 words (!). We’re not entirely sure, but BoUT2 might be the most extensive adventure game since The Longest Journey.
Of course we think it’s great to be able to provide you with such an epic game thanks to your support, but it also is A PILE OF WORK. In the last several weeks we’ve been sitting in recording studios in Berlin and London to record the dialogues for the first three of five chapters.
If you can’t wait to play The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 until its early 2015 release date, you’ll already have the opportunity to play the first chapter via Steam Early Access in a few weeks.
This is the plan:
- We’ll release the first chapter on Steam Early Access in early September.
- Every 4-6 weeks a new chapter will be added.
- The game isn’t finished yet. Right now the orchestra recordings are missing and we want to improve some things here and there in the course of this year. And of course there may be bugs in the game that will be fixed until the final version. But it is a 95% finished version of the game, and whoever is up to it can try out the game before others and give us feedback.
- The Steam Early Access version will be available for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. (We especially appreciate feedback on the Mac and Linux versions, since we primarily test on PC.)
Of course every backer has the opportunity to use Early Access FOR FREE.
- A fantasy adventure story with about 20 hours of pointing and clicking
- The trademark BoUT-humor, lovingly spoofing WoW, LotR, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Discworld, D&D, The Hobbit and many more
- Hundreds of weird, yet oddly logical puzzles and our well-proven “Multi-Character-Gameplay”
- The established four playable characters Wilbur, Nate, Ivo und Critter
- Numerous beautiful locations, improved through today’s computer alchemy – and your pledge! (see Goals – Projection Mapping)
- An ensemble of quirky characters, both well-established and hot off the drawing board
- An epic soundtrack with many new compositions