The Bridge, a black-and-white indie #puzzler in the style of M. C. Escher, will be available on both Mac and Linux for #Steam on Friday, May 16, 2014. The price of The Bridge is $9.99 USD, and it will feature SteamPlay with cross-platform cloud game saves. The Bridge released for Windows and Xbox 360 in 2013 and has received tremendous critical and audience praise, selling over 125,000 copies to date. The Bridge has received international attention after receiving nominations in contests such as the IGF, PAX 10, Indie Game Challenge, and IndieCade.
- 48 thought-provoking puzzles, each unique from the rest, all requiring an innovative solution.
- Gravity manipulations, gravitational vortexes, parallel dimensions, and many more mind-bending concepts in a world where the laws of physics are not what they seem.
- M. C. Escher-esque worlds with impossible architecture set in the style of beautifully hand-drawn black-and-white lithographic art.
- An alternate version of the game unlocked after the main storyline has been completed, including challenging alternate versions of each of the 24 main puzzles, along with an alternate ending.
- A time-backtracking system to alleviate any fears of making a mistake.
The Bridge is a 2D logic puzzle game that forces the player to reevaluate their preconceptions of physics and perspective. It is Isaac Newton meets M. C. Escher. Manipulate gravity to redefine the ceiling as the floor while venturing through impossible architectures. Explore increasingly difficult worlds, each uniquely detailed and designed to leave the player with a pronounced sense of intellectual accomplishment. The Bridge exemplifies games as an art form, with beautifully hand-drawn art in the style of a black-and-white lithograph.
Below is a complete list of accolades for The Bridge:
“Winner – PAX 10” – Penny Arcade Expo 2012
“Winner – Achievement in Gameplay” – Indie Game Challenge 2012
“Winner – Achievement in Art Direction” – Indie Game Challenge 2012
“Winner – Student Showcase” – Independent Games Festival 2012
“Best Platformer of 2013” – The Escapist
“Winner – Best Art” – Independent Propeller Awards 2012
“Winner- Grand Prize” – Seattle Independent Game Competition 2012
“Winner – Grand Prize” – Seattle iFest 2012
“Winner – Grand Prize” – Redmond Digital Art Festival 2012
“Nominee – Best Art” – IndieCade 2011
“Winner – Best Art” – Seattle iFest 2013
“Nominee – Grand Prize” – A.MAZE Indie Connect Festival 2013
“Nominee – Grand Prize” – Independent Propeller Awards 2012
“Nominee – Grand Prize” – Develop Indie Showcase 2012
“Honorable Mention – Innovation” – Dream.Build.Play 2011
“Honorable Mention – Art” – Independent Games Festival 2013