Should you be interested in such an intriguing game, The Cave is one that has a means of its own. Not at all disappointing. Having contacted the good folks at Double Fine I was pleased to play the PC build. The narrative caught my attention with the sheer wonder of a talking cave telling a story. Which adhere’s to my theory that those Double Fine staff members have an intriguing sense of humour. Particularly when The Cave talks back to you.
The Cave is a new adventure game from Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion creator Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine Productions, the award-winning studio behind Psychonauts and Brütal Legend.
Assemble your team of three from seven unlikely adventurers, each with their own unique personalities and stories, then descend into the mysterious depths to explore locations including a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle, not to mention a fully armed and ready-to-launch nuclear tipped ICBM. The Caveawaits.
- Seamlessly Spelunk – Explore a ginormous completely seamless cave-world presented in astounding cross-section that will blow… your… mind.
- Assemble a team of 3 explorers – From the Hillbilly to the Time Traveller; all 7 characters have their own unique personalities, special talents and a dark and secret reason for descending The Cave.
- A Cave like no other – If you enjoy spelunking and dark rocky caverns then be prepared to be disappointed. Your first clue The Cave is a place like no other will be when you stumble across the subterranean amusement park or the medieval castle, not to mention the fully armed and ready to launch nuclear tipped missile.
- Let’s work together – Switch between the 3 characters, in cooperation with each other, and solve physical and adventure puzzles as you learn the truth behind why they are here. Share the cave exploring adventure with friends in local co-op.
- Unlock all the secrets of the cave – Replay the adventure with a new set of characters for a whole different experience including unique story, puzzles and areas of The Cave, plus hidden treasures (not redeemable for cash) and collectables.
- Watch the Cave come alive – Experience the detailed, stunning art style and humor that only Ron Gilbert and Double Fine can dream up.
Linux System Requirements
OS: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, fully updated
Processor: 1.8 GHz dual core CPU
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 256 MB GeForce 8800, Radeon HD 2000, or Intel HD 4000 Graphics
Open GL: 2.1
Hard Drive: 1.5 GB HD space
Linux Game News