The Crow’s Eye is a first person horror adventure developed with the Unity 3D graphical engine for Linux, Mac and Windows PC, in which you embody the role of a young man who has awakened in the long-abandoned Crowswood University. Hints of crafting, full of suspense, and rewards for investigation.
Discover the plot behind the university and why you are there. Craft to make your way through the monstrosities spread through the levels and overcome different obstacles. Interact with the vast majority of items to distract or stun the enemies, use them to reach different places and, foremost, search in all cupboards and tables to find items that may be of help.
Demo’s are available:
- Download LINUX version
- Download MAC version
- Download WINDOWS version
The long-abandoned Crowswood University and having to craft your way to survival throughout an environment where it seems like not much electric light is available (perhaps some sort of Amish situation). You can use items to stun enemies or use them in ingenious ways to navigate your environment. It’s the first endeavour of 3D2 Entertainment, a Spanish indie studio born in Barcelona and it’s impressive.
- Crafting items: Collect the different receipts to discover how to ellaborate items parting from others you will find through the levels. Some will be more hidden than others, so search well through the many rooms, ventilation ducts, furniture, etc. Items will have different uses. While some will be used to advance through the game, others will drive enemies away, or will grant improvements to the player.
- Interact with your surroundings: You can use the vast majority of items that surround you in many ways, as would be throwing them against enemies, reaching high areas, and opening doors or drawers. In some puzzles or situations you will need this kind of elements, otherwise it will be difficult or close to impossible to advance in the game.
- Explore: Freely investigate the map in search of documents, crafting items or secrets hidden throughout the game. Exploration will always rewarded for those tempted to search in hidden places.
- First-person immersion: Put yourself in the skin of the character and advance through the abandoned Crowswood University, its installations and surroundings. The melodies altogether with the sounds will make it a chilling experience.
- Great variety of puzzles: Solve a great variety of puzzles spread through the game to advance through the plot. You may encounter two types of puzzles in-game:
– Main puzzles: They are part of the main plot and are compulsory in order to reach the following levels. There is a vast range of them through the game.
– Secondary puzzles: They do not follow the main plot and unlock secret areas. There are a few of them spread through the levels, and their difficulty is quite high. Some puzzles are not what they look like.
- Observe the enemy: Advance stealhily and beware the enemies’ moves. Search their weaknesses in order to confront them, use crafted items or those in your surroundings to stun them. There is a broad range of enemies in the different levels, each worse than the other, so make sure you are ready before advancing, or you will last little to no time alive.
The gameplay is very much the child of BioShock and Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and the demo plays like it. While The Crow’s Eye is also on Steam Greenlight, and the Kickstarter can be found here if it sounds like your sort of adventure puzzle horror game thing, pledge, vote.