The End of the Sun first person exploration adventure game coming to Kickstarter Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer The End of the Sun Team. Which one only has a Steam page. But also has a crowdfunding campaign start date.
The End of the Sun is a first person exploration and adventure game. Due to arrive on Kickstarter, May 6th. Where the story has the most important meaning. Since it is set in the world of Slavic rites. Including their beliefs, legends, and everyday life. It is also a series of mysterious events that ordinary people dealt with. Seeing where living in a small village, the line between myth and reality began to fade drastically.
As the Ashter (Volhv) who has the ability to travel in time. And knowledge about Navia (the space where human fates shape). While following the trail of the secretive fugitive. You come to a mysterious village, but you cannot find anyone there. At least not in a way you wanted to. All you can see are burned hearths around.
The End of the Sun – Official Gameplay (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
A story inspired by Slavic mythology and legends. Presenting the events occurring during the 4 major Slavic festivals. Available during the 4 seasons far away from each other in time. Recreating these mystical events, culture and people’s habits in an unusual way. The End of the Sun takes inspiration by both adventure and exploration games. Including some rather unusual riddles to solve.
- Travel in time – teleport between four periods far away from each other by many years. Taking place in four main seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter). Get to know the stories of the same heroes at different stages of their lives.
- Ethnographic museums scanned via photogrammetry – To get unique graphics, the developer visited ethnographic museums while scanning hundreds of objects and entire buildings. So you can admire details in the game the way they actually are. They also have a scan of the elements and their natural environment. All in order to get the most European Slavonic climate possible.
- Non-linear and engaging story – You can experience particular immersive stories in The End of the Sun. Doing so at your own pace and when you feel like it.
- Dynamic world, weather conditions, lighting – the time of day, weather and lighting change dynamically. All within one day as you discover other parts of the mystery.
- Consequences of time traveling – certain elements of history and the world around you will open up. While you take the paths of fate and influence the future. Events from the past have an impact on the future.
- Slavic World, its culture and daily activities – While experiencing the story, you will be able to enjoy not only the immersive history. But also look at the long forgotten everyday activities and objects. Those that are no longer in use today.
- Exploration – Travel between the homesteads and surroundings of the village. Finding out the details of the mystery that lies somewhere there.
The End of the Sun first person exploration adventure game is due to be priced at $19.99 USD. The full release will be available on Steam 2020/2021. Due to arrive on Kickstarter, May 6th. Available for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Planned language versions: English, Polish, German, Russian, French, Spanish, Czech, Chinese simplified