The End of the Sun gets a Kickstarter teaser for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to the developer, The End of the Sun team. Who is gearing up support for the coming crowdfunding campaign. Plus the game also has listing on Steam. So be sure to Wishlist.
The End of the Sun Kickstarter campaign is coming soon. The developers also have an email list signup running. So you can be notified when the campaign is live. Presenting a teaser of the forthcoming campaign.
The End of the Sun is a first person exploration and adventure game. Where the story has a more important meaning. Taking place in world of Slavic rites, beliefs, and legends. Including their everyday life. Which has a series of mysterious events that people deal with. Those you might expect living in a small village. So the line between myth and reality begins to fade.
Playing as the Ashter, gifted with the ability to travel in time. Including having the knowledge about Navia. Which is the space where human fates are all shaped. You come to a mysterious village to find your friend. But you can’t find anyone there. Or at least not in a way you wanted to. All you see are smothered fires around you.
The story of The End of the Sun is inspired by Slavic mythology and legends. Since this presents the events of the 4 major Slavic festivals. All during the 4 seasons, far away from each other. Existing somewhere in time. Recreating mystical events, culture and people’s habits in an unusual way.
The game takes inspiration from both adventure and exploration titles. Including some unique riddles to solve. But the storyline itself first starts here.
The End of the Sun– Kickstarter Teaser (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
- Ethnographic museums scanned via photogrammetry – To get the best graphics, the developer visited ethnographic museums. Scanning hundreds of objects and entire buildings. So you can admire them in The End of the Sun. The way they actually exist. While also scanning elements of the natural environment. All in order to create the best European Slavonic climate possible.
- Travel in time – teleport between four periods far away from each other by many years, set in four main seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter). Get to know the stories of the same heroes at different stages of their lives.
- Dynamic world, weather conditions, lighting – the time of day, weather and lighting change dynamically. All within a day as the player discovers other parts of the mystery.
- Consequences of time traveling – certain elements of history and the world around will open up. As you set the paths of fate and influence the future. Events from the past have an impact on the future.
- Slavic World, its culture and daily activities – While experiencing the story. Players will be able to enjoy not only the immersive history behind The End of the Sun. But also look at the long forgotten everyday activities. Including the objects that are no longer used today.
- Open world exploration – Travel between the homesteads and surroundings of the village. Find out details of the mystery that lies somewhere within.
- Non-linear and engaging story – You can experience particular immersive stories at your own pace. And at the moment the player decides.
The End of the Sun is coming to Kickstarter soon. Due to release on Steam priced at around $19.99 USD. The campaign will support Linux, Mac and Windows PC. With a full release expected in 2020 – 2021.