The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow folk horror game launches on Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Due to the talent behind developer Cloak and Dagger Games. Available now on both Steam and GOG with 100% Positive reviews.
Today Thomasina Bateman arrives in the remote English village of Bewlay. Due to dig up a local landmark, Hob’s Barrow. But she’ll also live to regret it.
The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow is a folk horror adventure game. Here you have to explore the rural moors of rural Victorian England. Due to unearth the mysteries of Hob’s Barrow.
The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow Launch trailer
Antiquarian Thomasina Bateman is writing a book on the barrows of England. Making note of the treasures she finds buried within. When an intriguing letter summons her to the small village of Bewlay. Which is also neatly tucked away in the remote countryside. Here she sets off by train with her assistant a day behind. Upon her arrival, however, the mysterious man who called her is nowhere to be found. As a result, her assistant never arrives either. A stubborn landowner refuses access to the barrow. While the locals are wary of this woman who is traveling alone and (gasp!) wears trousers. The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow is off to a rocky start. Likewise, this is when Thomasina starts having strange dreams.
- A dark, complex and evolving storyline. Featuring interwoven features from real English folklore.
- Traditional point and click adventure game puzzles and interactions. The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow comes with an easy yet modern interface.
- A cast of intriguing characters, from suspicious villagers to sickly vicars to lordly land owners. Each with their own unique stories and motives.
- A distinct folk horror tone and grounding.
- Evocative pixel-art graphics, featuring cut-scenes and engaging animations.
- A suitably atmospheric original soundtrack from The Machine. The Demon. One half of the duo behind the award-winning “Football Game” soundtrack.
- Fiends in the furrows, the smell of damp soil, and a cat or two.
The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow folk horror game launches on Steam and GOG. Along with support for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. And its Steam Deck Verified. Priced at $13.49 USD / £10.25 / 11,24€, including the 10% discount until October 5th.