The Garden Path games is fully funded on Kickstarter for both Linux and Windows PC. All due to the creative efforts of illustrator and solo developer Louis Durrant, AKA carrot cake. The crowdfunding campaign has not passed the initial goal.
The Garden Path launch onto Kickstarter seeking £20,000 (about $27,000 USD). Since funding will help bring this cozy slice of life sim to fruition with some help. Walk down The Garden Path on Linux and Windows PC when it releases later this year.
This all started on July 21st. The Garden Path hit Kickstarter to raise funds and deliver on the full, original vision of the game. Now The Garden Path has not only hit its initial funding goal of £20,000 over the weekend. Which has also just sped past the first stretch goal at £25,000. This means The Garden Path is due to arrive on the Nintendo Switch, as well as Linux and Windows PC. Working its way to the next stretch goal of £30,000. Where local multiplayer will be included in the game.
The Garden Path Kickstarter Trailer:
The Garden Path will have you curate, craft, and grow the garden. While you go fishing for a big catch. As you make copious amounts of tea, and hang out with your new vegetable and animal headed friends. Built to play as and when you wish. The garden will present new encounters, stories to weave, and distractions. Doing so each time you play. Of course, you may also like to check back in to see how your flowers have grown!
Currently, carrotcake is a solo enterprise (including the beautiful soundtrack). While the game will see the light of day regardless. Kickstarter funding would go a long way towards bringing collaborators on board to finish the game. All while keeping a healthy work life balance, and depending on the amount of funding, bring the game to more platforms and languages.
Take a stroll down The Garden Path in this slice of life sim early demo. Which is still available via itch.io. Which of course includes support for Linux and Windows PC.
- A humble gardening life-sim with real-time progress even when you’re away.
- Rich illustrated visuals and original The Garden Path soundtracks that draw you in.
- A charming cast of characters, all with their own unique personalities and stories to tell. Some of your vegetable headed friends may even decide to move in!
- Plant seeds, watch them grow, then harvest them for materials to use later.
- Go fishing and score a big catch, collect dust flies, and trade your findings for new items.
- Collect furniture, then decorate the garden and your tent to make it feel like home.
The Garden Path slice of life sim is fully funded on Kickstarter. But the crowdfunding campaign still has more than 24 hours to go. And to be honest, it would be great to have local multiplayer on both Linux and Windows PC.