The Garden Path slice-of-life sim games available on Kickstarter with a Demo for Linux, and Windows PC. Thanks to the efforts of developer carrotcake. Kicking off the month long crowdfunding campaign.
Illustrator and solo developer Louis Durrant, AKA carrotcake, just launched The Garden Path on Kickstarter. Due to raise £20,000 (about $27,237 USD) of funding by August 20th, 2021. So he can bring this cozy slice-of-life sim to fruition. Walk down The Garden Path on Linux, Windows PC, and other platforms to be announced. All due to be release later this year October 2021.
The Garden Path is a game about the joys of gardening. But also the comfort of building a safe place, and the butterflies you get from making new friends. It’s a life sim that celebrates the tranquil and the pensive. Also, the quiet moments of a life well lived, where your garden will grow to reflect both the passing of time and your own design. Time here runs in concert with the real world. As a result, the passing of seasons heralds new encounters and a new story to weave.
The Garden Path Kickstarter Trailer:
Curate, craft, and grow the garden. Go fishing for a big catch, and make copious amounts of tea. Likewise, you can hang out with your new vegetable and animal headed friends. Built to be played as and when you wish. SInce the garden will present new encounters, stories to weave, and distractions each time you play. Of course, you may also like to check back in to see how your flowers have grown.
Currently, carrotcake is a solo enterprise (including the beautiful soundtrack). And while The Garden Path will see the light of day regardless. Kickstarter funding would go a long way towards bringing others on board to finish the game. All while keeping a healthy work life balance. Depending on how much is raised, bring the game to more platforms and languages.
Take a stroll down The Garden Path in the early demo on Itch.io. Available for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC.
- A humble gardening life-sim with real-time progress even when you’re away.
- Rich illustrated visuals and original soundtracks that draw you in.
- A charming cast of characters in The Garden Path, all with their own unique personalities and stories to tell. Some of your vegetable headed friends may even decide to move in!
- Plant seeds, watch them grow, then harvest them for materials to use later.
- Go fishing and score a big catch, collect dustflies, and trade your findings for new items.
- Collect furniture, then decorate the garden and your tent to make it feel like home.
The Garden Path slice-of-life sim is available in a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign. Due to offering support for Linux and Windows PC. With enough support, maybe other plaforms too. Also, be sure to check out the demo.