The Great Perhaps is also the debut title from indie developer Caligari Games. And likewise features hours of puzzle based gameplay. All available in atmospheric storytelling. Which seems like a very thought provoking journey in a unique sci-fi universe.
The Great Perhaps – Trailer
Gameplay is also a pre- and post-apocalyptic adventure. Due to a cosmonaut returning to Earth. Only to find a wasteland devastated by an unknown cataclysm.
While armed with a mysterious lantern. Which can both reveal the past and transport to you between timelines. So in an instant, you’ll overcome challenges and survive dangers. Likewise exploring both eras to uncover and perhaps prevent what happened. The Great Perhaps is probably our most rigid vision of our planet’s future.
- Use time travel to solve challenging puzzles. While you unlock the mysteries behind the apocalypse.
- Experience a world of gripping tension. As a result of haunting sorrow before and after the fall.
- Discover The Great Perhaps creative storytelling. Which binds past and present together.
- Meet memorable characters with touching personal stories.
- Original dynamic soundtrack which adapts to each timeline.
- Wistful hand-drawn 2D art style inspired by Soviet aesthetics and history.
Probably does not offer anything we haven’t seen in gameplay. But there is a unique beauty in presentation. . There is also a trial and error nature the puzzles. Which could cause some to face some frustration. While the world has a certain dystopian fee. Maybe even a charm of both past and present. This will keep pushing you to move along in order to save the world.