Neocore Games have announced new details for The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II for PC, Mac and Linux (finally). The #game will feature three playable classes which range from the classic Hunter to the magic-welding Thaumaturge to the Arcane Mechanic. Other features will include resistance management, hall of trophies and more.
The first The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing has received considerable acclaim from the media after its mid-May release this year. We can only expect The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II to bring further dynamics and gameplay to the action RPG. Check out the details below.
Yes Neocore Games did confirm Linux will be supported but this will be after the console versions are ported. Then we can expect to see native support, which will include The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II and The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing I.
From the Press Release
Finally, the time has come when we’re ready to share more details about the next episode in the Van Helsing trilogy. Ever wondered what we’ll keep from the first game? What improvements will we make or what new features will be added to the sequel? Well, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II is not just a collection of a dozen new maps and monsters, but a true sequel that keeps all the good bits from the first game, with a little improvement here and there and adds plenty of new features. Oh, and it’s not really a feature on its own but if you enjoyed the snappy dialogues, the cheeky humor and the easter eggs of the first game, you’ll be happy to hear that the sequel will bring even more of those.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II key features:
- Three playable classes – In the sequel to this gothic-noir adventure, players can choose from three very different classes: the classic Hunter with shooting and melee skills, the magic-wielding Thaumaturge or the Arcane Mechanic, the master of deadly devices, all included in the base game.
- Hunter’s Lair – The Lair returns in the sequel as the perfect hideout for players to stash collected loot, trade with non-playable characters, teleport between locations, forge new items, utilize the alchemy lab and accept new quests from allies who join the resistance against the scientific scourge.
- Extended tower defense mini-game – With enemies invading in waves, players have the opportunity to defend their Hunter’s Lair and other strategic locations with deployable traps and several upgradable functions to ward off evil, now with improved gameplay mechanics and up to 7 levels presented as optional side quests.
- Resistance management – As the leaders of the Borgovian Resistance, players will participate in the micromanagement of the allied troops, improve the equipment of the Resistance fighters or find loot that makes them more powerful.
- Rage system – Enabling players to charge up to three skill modifiers called Power Ups on 8 active skills by way of spending Rage points collected from impressive feats.
- Unique companion system – Lady Katarina, a ghost with snappy wit, comes to the support of Van Helsing with her own set of abilities, behaviors, and two skill trees.
- Fragmentation system – Besides forging, enchanting and infusing items with essences, players now have another option to alter items to their liking. Artifacts can be taken apart, shattered into magical fragments. The process generates a basic shard, and then the enchantments also dissolve into separate fragments. Fragments can be turned into purely magical runes that can be altered and put on new items, changing them into various new powerful artifacts.
- The Beast in the Lair – The Chimera is a unique creature, an artificial monster straight from the Ink that players will find during their adventures, claim as theirs, enhance its abilities and summon it into combat or send away to the Ink to hunt for treasure.
- Hall of Trophies – Players can decorate their Lair with trophies that give global modifiers to the game world, like empowering monsters, granting more spellpower to all allies or turning Katarina into a more lethal ghost.
- Multiplayer – Allowing players to test their skills against each other via the PVP mode (8 players) or join their forces and complete the story in the co-operative campaign (4 players).
The first game in the trilogy, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, currently available worldwide via Steam (on sale until January 2nd) on Windows PC and Mac OS X, is a one-of-a-kind action-RPG that pits players in fierce battles against familiar supernatural foes and also enables players to partake in a tower-defense mini-game within Van Helsing’s upgradable Lair to ward off evil that attempt to overrun the base by way of force. A Free Demo is also available on Steam.