The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation space survival simulation game has plans for Linux with Mac and Windows PC. Which is the result of an update from developer Supercube. Working to make its way onto Steam Early Access.
Indie studio Supercube are announcing their debut survival space sim, The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation. Due to make its way onto Steam Early Access in January 2023. After crash landing on Io, the Galilean moon of Jupiter, players must survive. Doing so commanding three randomly selected crew on their mission.
In command of the crew of Io-1, players will have to beat the cold harsh realities of living in a hostile setting. Low gravity, volcanos, seismic activity, and magnetic storms. Since this will put constant pressure on your crew and their ability to survive. Carefully monitoring beacons because of sulfur wind will be critical to survival in the toxic atmosphere.
Those experiences of The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation will also be coming to Linux.
we’ll take care of that during early access but it is definitely something Unity is good at and it should not be an issue.
You can see the Discussions comment for yourself. There is no time frame but considering it’s coming during Early Access, this is impressive. While the use of Unity 3D should make Proton support an option leading up to the native build.
The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation – Trailer
Every playthrough of The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation will be different. While offering you varied crew members selected from a pool of fifteen. Each member of the surviving crew will have different specialties. So players will have to adapt to the strengths and weaknesses of each. Exploration will also be a key part of the game. Since players will be able to take on various biomes in search of resources to stay alive.
The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation players can use their resources to build their base. Offering a range of facilities that will benefit the crew. Going from crafting equipment to improved engineering and healthcare. With multiple ending conditions, ways to play and different strategies to utilize. Players can also look forward to plenty of updates throughout Early Access.
- Explore – Io may be dangerous but it is also home to beautiful, empty landscapes. Board a rover or a flying drone and venture out to gather precious resources in the biomes of Io. Explore the The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation land and collect key scientific data to finish your mission.
- Build – Produce materials, build modules, and engineering systems. Craft wearable equipment and make food. Utilize the game’s advanced health system to monitor everyone carefully to keep them alive.
- Survive – Volcanos, seismic activity, sulfur winds, and magnetic storms will put nearly endless pressure on your crew. Get ready and adapt. Your crew’s life depends on it.
- Manage – Start with 3 different characters chosen randomly from a pool of 15. Adapt to their strengths and weaknesses. Use everything they have at their disposal to survive.
- Simulate – Multiple winning conditions and endings. Play again and again, take advantage of upgrades, and learn the best strategies for survival. Master all of Io’s brutal elements.
The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation space survival simulation game is coming to Steam in January 2023. Due to arrive on Mac and Windows PC, then in Early Access, and release on Linux as well.