The Time I Have Left time-driven escape adventure game hints at a port for Linux with Windows PC. Thanks to the creative efforts behind developer
Ground Game Atelier. Due to make its way onto Steam in 2024.
GROUND Game Atelier, a fresh name in the indie development scene, has recently given us a sneak peek into their upcoming creation, The Time I Have Left. This project first came to light in March 2022 at the Future Games Showcase. Thanks to IGN at Gamescom, we now have a more in-depth look at what awaits.
In The Time I Have Left you have just six hours before you die. That’s the issue that our main character, Aline, finds herself in. Marked by an unexplained condition, her future is anything but certain. As players, our mission is to help her through an expansive underground, known as Colony 7. The burning question remains: How will you spend these precious moments?
We really want to bring the game to Linux users at its best..
Our current build is almost on par on Linux and Windows and also works great on the Steam Deck through the proton.
The Unreal Engine 4 title offers a lot of hope for a native port. But so far the focus has been on Proton, at least until The Time I Have Left can be optimized for the platform.
The Time I Have Left Gamescom 2023 Trailer
A few highlights you can anticipate:
- A Feast for the Eyes: Colony 7 promises rich visuals, beautifully illustrated, making every moment memorable.
- Retro Vibes with a Modern Twist: Expect a blend of exploration combined with touches similar of classic JRPGs in The Time I Have Left. The time-driven escape adventure journey involves seeking out clues and deciphering puzzles. While unlocking new areas to further Aline’s escape.
- Time is of the Essence: Every moment counts. There’s a unique sense of urgency as the clock keeps ticking, but not always as you’d expect. You’re encouraged to use your time wisely, ensuring the best outcome at each stage.
- Discover and Learn: As you uncover mysteries and fill up the database, Aline will gain new abilities. While following the The Time I Have Left main story provides core skills, delving deeper can reveal two more sets of abilities.
- Hidden Treasures Await: Dive deeper into Colony 7’s lore to find shortcuts, unique treasures, and hidden stories. Since one playthrough might not be enough to uncover everything.
The Journey and Reaction:
- A Battle of Minds: Throughout her journey, Aline will have to face chilling apparitions during her Near-Death Experiences. So The Time I Have Left is a mental title, as she strives to hold her ground against these eerie figures.
- Strategic Moves: It’s not just about reacting. Perfect your timing to dodge threats, and understand your adversaries to keep Aline safe. Plus, as you traverse the The Time I Have Left levels, you can adapt and personalize your abilities. Due to ensuring Aline is always ready for what’s ahead.
The Time I Have Left is a time-driven escape adventure the promises to be a captivating journey. Due to blend suspense, strategy, and story in a way that both casual and seasoned players will appreciate. Due to release on Steam in 2024. Aiming at support for Linux and Windows PC. Be sure to Wishlist it now.