A new #free MultiPrayer DLC for Thea: The Awakening #survival #strategy game released. It adds co-op campaign along with other new gameplay features.
Thea: The Awakening is a turn-based game steeped in Slavic myth and monstrosity set after an apocalyptic force known only as The Darkness has engulfed the world. There are Strigas and Baba Yagas aplenty, but there are no heroes, no monster slayers, and no great armies capable of banishing them. You have only a few hopeless and starving survivors who are desperately trying to stay alive. You are their last and only true hope!
The game combines turn-based strategic gameplay with the tension and grit of a roguelike, a captivating story you can uncover through a series of in-game events, and a unique combat system based on a complex card battle game.
The wide range of gameplay features allows players to proceed through the world of Thea the way they prefer. You can choose to stay in your village and build up defenses, or you can go out and explore the world. Conflicts can be resolved through assassination, stealth, diplomacy, hunting, and various other ways depending on the skills your people possess. Fighting is not your only solution to conflict!
What about the Linux build?
“Right now the Linux and Mac builds received all new singleplayer features added in this update (new enemies, new events, improved UI, etc.). We’d like to add multiplayer gameplay too but our programmer still needs some time to implement it.”
For all of you who do not know, Thea has been developed in Unity, so a Linux and Mac port is available on Steam, but not listed. And the new multiplayer is will obviously going to be implemented by developers MuHa Games, soon.
- Co-op mode (as a separate download – see DLC section),
- A set of new events, fully translated and voiced,
- A set of additional events in English (as a separate download – see DLC section),
- Recipe screen now tells what are the chances of obtaining a good quality item,
- Turn Summary will show the amount of resources received and indicate if they come from gathering or from a building,
- Gathering tasks show the amount of resource currently in the group’s inventory,
- Added Community Language – French,
- Entity Info screen and event drop list now displays information if a weapon is 1- or 2-Handed,
- New icons on Research/Crafting recipes screen,
- New icons for dozens of items (and 1-handed weapon icons can be more easily told apart from 2-handed weapons),
- Entity info screen now shows materials and properties on one page (no tab),
- New Building – Blessed Paths – increases gathering range of the player’s Village,
- New icons for difficulties 6 to 10,
- Re-balanced armours and shields,
- Re-balanced unliving rats.
To celebrate this new expansion, Thea: The Awakening is now 40% off the duration of the Steam Summer Sale.