A grim tale is set to begin. Starting July 28th, as Jack counts down the last 180 days of his career, he’ll be up against the seediest, vilest, most dangerous criminals in Freeburg. The goal? Get rich or die trying. This Is the Police is a dark, #storydriven #game offering hundreds of choices, and plenty of ways to get through the 25-hour #singleplayer campaign.
Dive into a world of crime, corruption, and intrigue. Whatever’s going down in Freeburg, Jack is always right in the middle of it, trying to make it through without getting himself shot or thrown in prison. Meanwhile, the daily mayhem should give you a little cover, while you scrape together a retirement fund. How far will Jack go? That’s up to you. Would you sell seized drugs to the Mafia, or trade favors with killers? How do you feel about bribes? Would you torture a lowlife to get information? And how many fellow cops will have to die, before you get what you want? In the end, it all comes all down to one question: how ruthless are you prepared to be – and are you ready to face the consequences?
In the new gameplay trailer “A Lot of Vices”, protagonist Jack Boyd gives us a hint about how he’s planning to spend his last 180 days on the job. Breathe in the noir, gritty atmosphere, and enjoy the performance by the incomparable Jon St. John, voice of Duke Nukem.
This is the Police Features:
- Your mission is clear: make $500,000 in 180 days, before Jack Boyd reaches retirement. How? That’s up to you!
- Decisions, decisions! This Is the Police is all about a dark story and how you react to it. Whatever you decide, your choices will influence the game – and the fate of Jack Boyd.
- The Good, the Bad, and… the Ugly? The Chief of Freeburg’s Police Department deals with all kind of people. It is up to you to find the bad guys, and decide how to deal with them.
- Carry out your duties. As head of Freeburg PD, Jack deals with all sorts of challenges every day: responding to emergencies, managing his officers, defending the department against City Hall and a corrupt mayor, and much more.
- Solve Investigations and gather evidence against the criminal gangs of Freeburg.
- Deal with the competing powers of the city. Everyone offers you favors, and each one comes at a price.
- Rich and fully voiced story: Jack Boyd is portrayed by Jon St. John, the voice of Duke Nukem.
- OS: Ubuntu 12.04
- Processor: Dual Core CPU
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GT 330M, AMD Radeon HD 5750M, Intel HD 4000 or similar
- Storage: 5 GB available space
- Sound Card: Soundblaster compatible