Since Torment Tides of Numenera already seen an official release announcement. Hence the thematic #successor to #PlanescapeTorment, one of the most critically acclaimed and beloved role-playing games of all time. Having already been delayed until 2017.
Torment Tides of Numenera is a single-player, isometric, narrative-driven role-playing game set in Monte Cook’s Numenera universe, and brought to you by the creative team behind Planescape: Torment and the award-winning Wasteland 2.
So now we have further details confirming the coming Torment Tides of Numenera launch next month.
Linux day one release:
We are currently working on the Linux version of Torment, and plan to release to our announced platforms at the same time.“
Since this was as huge sigh of relief, we are pleased to see inXile keeping the Linux love. Up to this point the Steam page has only shown Windows PC Specifications. Make us a big nervous about a lack of Linux release, hence the recent cancellation of Shock Tactics.
Torment Tides of Numenera Features:
- A Deep, Thematically Satisfying Story. The philosophical underpinnings of Torment drive the game, both mechanically and narratively. Your words, choices, and actions are your primary weapons.
- A World Unlike Any Other. Journey across the Ninth World, a fantastic, original setting, with awe-inspiring visuals, offbeat and unpredictable items to use in and out of battle, and stunning feats of magic. Powered by technology used in the award-winning Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment, the Numenera setting by Monte Cook provides endless wonders and impossibly imaginative locations for you to explore.
- A Rich, Personal Narrative. Thoughtful and character-driven, the story is epic in feel but deeply personal in substance, with nontraditional characters and companions whose motivations and desires shape their actions throughout the game.
- Reactivity, Replayability, and the Tides. Your choices matter, and morality in the Ninth World is not a simple matter of “right” and “wrong”. You will decide the fates of those around you, and characters will react to your decisions and reputation. The result is a deeply replayable experience that arises naturally from your actions throughout the game.
- A New Take on Combat. With the Crisis system, combat is more than just bashing your enemies. Plan your way through hand-crafted set-pieces which combine battles with environmental puzzles, social interaction, stealth, and more.
So for those who do not want to wait, Torment Tides of Numenera is available on Steam. Although fully playable, there is no Linux build available yet.