Total War: ROME REMASTERED strategy game is due to get native Linux support, with Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to the creativity of Creative Assembly but the porting capabilities of Feral Interactive. Due to make a debut on Steam and Feral Store next month.
A new day for Rome has beckoned. Feral Interactive reveals that Total War: ROME REMASTERED will release on Linux, Mac, and Windows PC, April 29th. Created in together with SEGA® Europe, Ltd. and Creative Assembly. This release will also be a full remaster. Allowing players to relive the legacy that defined the award winning strategy game series. All thanks to a suite of visual and gameplay changes. So you can revisit a truly amazing classic as you build your empire. Not to mention command harsh battles and conquer ancient Rome like never before.
Total War: ROME REMASTERED will deliver modern gaming action. While at the same time, keeping the original Total War formula.
Drawing in strategy gamers for over two decades. Doing so with new and improved features, such as fully renewed visuals and ultra high definition resolution support. Expanding the faction roster and improved accessibility. So naturally, now will be the best time to take back your empire.
Total War: ROME REMASTERED — Coming to Linux, Mac, and Windows PC
“Working to remaster a classic such as Rome has been an exciting challenge. A bit like re-cutting the crown jewels” says David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “We are delighted with the result and hope that fans of this unreal franchise will be too.”
“What better excuse than the 20th year of Total War to revisit a grand master?” says Rob Bartholomew, Chief Product Officer at Creative Assembly, “The original release of Rome marks a special time for us as our first major break out title. It’s amazing to get the opportunity to Remaster it with our friends at Feral.”
- Improved Visuals: Total War: ROME REMASTERED brings the classic strategy game into a modern era. This means offering full 4K visuals. Native support for ultra high definition resolutions. Plus a rebuild of the settings, battlefield, and character models.
- New Gameplay Content: Wage war across new fronts with 16 previously unplayable factions to play. This is on top of the original 22. All while you send the new Merchant agents on missions to establish better trade networks. These will be available across the map. Then buy out rival Merchants and use your empire’s financial power.
- Modern Features: Total War: ROME REMASTERED players can take more control than ever with new features. Such as a tactical map during battles. Plus heat maps and icon overlays in campaign mode. Existing mechanics have also been improved. This includes a completely new political system. As well as wider camera zoom levels throughout the game. Being able to turn the camera on the campaign map.
- Improved Help Systems: A swathe of improved support has been added. Including an all new tutorial, a new in-game Wiki, more advice and tooltips. As well as improved capability for colour blind players.
- Cross platform Multiplayer: Players can enjoy cross platform multiplayer between Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Certainly a first for the Total War franchise.
- Complete Content: Total War: ROME REMASTERED includes the Barbarian Invasion and Alexander expansions in glorious new detail. Players will also gain access to the original ROME: Total War Collection (Windows only).
Pre-order and Price:
Rome will rise again on April 29th. Total War: ROME REMASTERED is now available via pre-order. Priced at $29.99 USD / £24.99 / 29,99 € on Steam and the Feral Store. Due to make it’s way into Linux gaming, with Mac and Windows PC.
Also, for a limited time, those who already own Rome: Total War on Steam can get a deal. Letting you buy Total War: ROME REMASTERED with a 50% off discount. More details are on the Total War FAQ.