Towards The Stars a space mining adventure to bring support for the game on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Peter Tkačov. Due to arrive in the first half of 2021 via Steam.
Towards The Stars is a space adventure where you play a captain of a mining ship. All while you view your home world being destroyed by a large asteroid. Now your only hope is to gather resources so you can create new technologies. Then set off on a long journey. Venturing into the deep space in search for a new home.
Towards The Stars Trailer
One of the aspects of Towards The Stars in question, the small ship. Reaching out to developer Peter Tkačov there is a reason for that.
I wanted the ship to be small to make space for maneuvering between asteroids. Also to make the space seem huge and believable. In single-player your ship is always in the center of your screen. So I think it’s better to make space for what is happening around you. In multiplayer, there was a problem with ship sizes, because the camera is also zooming out when ships are far away.
In contrast to this, the developer of the space mining adventure has setup ship colors. So this offers a further contrast and light to avoid breaking the gameplay. At first glance, this was off putting but does make sense. The idea behind Towards The Stars is to make the player feel immersed in space. Creating a more mysterious survival adventure where players never know what to expect. Or what enemies await you in the next star system along with the story elements.
- Resource mining: Mine asteroids to gather common and rare resources. Find the rare specimens and upgrade your ship.
- Ship management: Manage your crew and ship modules in Towards The Stars. The helps to ensure long term crew survival. You have three main systems. Fuel, energy and life support. If anyone of them drops to zero, you’re in big trouble.
- Galaxy exploration: Travel across the galaxy, explore the star systems, find and research new technologies and avoid danger.
- Zero gravity simulation handling: In space, there is no drag and no gravity. So flying is dangerous and difficult, it will take some practice to master.
- Local multiplayer: Match your piloting skills with your friends in Towards The Stars. Playing on one computer using gamepads in tree multiplayer modes. Free for all, deathmatch or team deathmatch and race.
Towards The Stars is developed in the Unity 3D game engine. While there will be a port for Linux and Mac. As Peter Tkačov points out, this shouldn’t be a huge problem. However, as a solo game developer, properly testing on these platforms before release is still in question. However, further details will be announced via the Facebook page.
Towards The Stars space mining adventure is coming to Steam. So be sure to Wishlist the game. Due to bring support for the game on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Releasing on March 4th, 2021.