TowerFall Ascension is a #retro-style 2d #multiplayer #action game, the graphics don’t seem to be all that different. Players will confront their friends with bows. They will have to master stuff like catching arrows in mid-flight, stomping on the head of the enemies, getting the powerups before everyone else, and much more.
New features in TowerFall Ascension include:
- Brand new 1- or 2-player co-op Quest mode
- 50 additional Versus arenas, for a total of 120 unique maps
- More game-changing power-ups, such as Drill Arrows that burrow through walls
- 4 new unlockable, playable archers, for a total of 8
- A huge list of variants to customize your matches – a total of 75 ways to mix things up
- Plenty of hidden secrets and surprises to discover with your friends
TowerFall Ascension also comes with a native level editor on Steam. The level editor itself is free but requires the Dark World Expansion pack DLC for the base game to function. Plus the expansion opens up new worlds for players, with new challenges, a co-op campaign, new monsters and bosses, and nine more alternate archers.
Here’s a full list of updates:
- Added the Workshop! Create, share, and play your own custom Towers for Versus mode. Requires the Dark World Expansion.
- Use Steam Workshop to share and find custom Towers
- New stage element available for custom levels: Chalice platforms
- New variant added: Infinite Brambles
- Added new sound effects for:
- Miracle Grabs: Catching an arrow and then immediately cancelling your dodge
- Dodge Stall Grabs: Catching an arrow by holding the dodge button to extend your dodge time
- Players now bounce when they drop orbs by touching them, regardless of where they collided with the orb
- Reduced the volume of proximity block sounds
- The keyboard config menu now accepts the “OemPipe” key
- Keyboard inputs now have numbered names on character select screen (“Keyboard 1”, “Keyboard 2”, etc)
TowerFall Ascension is currently discounted 75% on Steam, while the TowerFall Dark World Expansion has a 33% discount. The promotion is only available for a short time, so get pick it up as soon as possible.
- OS: glibc 2.15+, 32/64-bit. S3TC support is NOT required.
- Processor: Intel Core i3 M380
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: OpenGL 3.0+ (2.1 with ARB extensions acceptable)
- Hard Drive: 400 MB available space