While in times of political turmoil and social unrest. The people are calling out for a visionary leader. Yet one who will steer the fate of their country with foresight and ingenuity. So #KalypsoMedia is thrilled to announce El Presidente’s glorious return in Tropico 6. Which will officially be launching on Linux, Mac, #Windows PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One in 2018.
Since players will go forward, proving yourself once again as a feared dictator. Or maybe a peace-loving statesman on the island state of Tropico. And yet you can shape the fate of your nation through the #games four distinctive eras. While facing new challenges on the international stage. And always keep the needs of your people in mind, in spite of any negative press covfefe.
Since Tropico 6 represents a bold new lease of life for the much-loved series. While the new developer Limbic Entertainment brings exciting new ideas to El Presidente’s highly-polished table. As well as a stunning new engine developed in Unreal Engine 4.
So for the first time in the game series. Players can manage extensive archipelagos and build bridges to connect your islands. While also being able to establish new means of transportation and infrastructure. Send your agents on raids to steal the wonders of the world. Including the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower. Customize your palace at will and give election speeches from your balcony. All while you win the favor of your subjects. Tropico 6 is the biggest, most beautiful and most ambitious entry in the games history of the series. Including many more exciting features to be announced in the coming weeks and months.
So we have to admit, the switch to Unreal Engine 4 is amicable. Since the games release will be available on Linux, Mac and Windows PC’s. And while Kalypso Media are announcing the details, it looks like this means a day one Linux release.
Watch the Tropico 6 trailer here:
Features of Tropico 6
- Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
- Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments. Adding them to your collection.
- Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
- Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
- Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
- Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
- Cooperative and competitive multiplayer for up to four players.
So Tropico 6 is scheduled for worldwide release on Linux, Mac, Windows PC PlayStation®4 and Xbox One in 2018. While the official release date has not been confirmed yet.
For more information, please visit kalypsomedia.com.