Together with the production company btf, also located in Germany. Headup Games announces the atmospheric mystery adventure game Trüberbrook. Truber-what? Well, imagine “Twin Peaks” meeting “The X-Files”, but in rural cold-war Germany.
Today, November 14th (starting 10am GMT), Trüberbrooks Kickstarter campaign is now live. The crowdfunding project ends on December 14th, 2017. Also watch and share the brand new Kickstarter trailer. The games looking rather decent and the art style is well done. Since Trüberbrook is coming to Linux, Ubuntu, Mac and Windows. We are paying close attention.
So imagine yourself on a vacation to Europe in the late sixties. Now, picture yourself as a young American scientist; Hans Tannhauser. Yes, that’s your name in this scenario. While you’re at it, think of Trüberbrook, a remote village in rural, mountainesque region. Yet complete with densely forest in cold-war Germany. Because, that’s where you somehow end up after hitting the continent. But who cares, you won the trip in a lottery. Or at least, that’s how it seems. But don’t fear, instead of getting some rest, you could find yourself having to save the world…
In order to immerse the player to the fullest, the team chose to physically build the world we envisioned, resulting an a unique, distinct visual style. All of our scenic sets are genuinely handmade. ‘Handmade’ as in: ‘Manufactured using real hands! And fingers! Not the most efficient way of doing things, but we’re loving it! Every little detail is custom built, meticulously crafted, piece by piece. Also complete with painting, setup, re-setup and put into boxes in between. If you were wondering…yes, there is glue involved. Lots of glue!
Trüberbrook – Kickstarter Trailer:
- Suspense! Mystery! Thrills! After all, it’s a single player sci-fi mystery adventure game. We want to keep you entertained!
- Join American student Tannhauser, stranger in a strange land
- Set in cold-war rural Germany in the late 1960s
- Inspired by Twin Peaks, The X-Files, Stranger Things & Star Trek
- Indulge in universal themes such as love, friendship, loyalty, self-discovery and dinosaurs
- Handmade miniature scenery!
- English and German localization with full voice acting!
- Atmospheric, moody soundtrack
- Coming to Windows, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, PlayStation®4 & Nintendo Switch
- A likely mobile port later!
- Up to 10 hours of super exciting gameplay!
- Release scheduled for late 2018 – not the longest wait!
During the estimated gameplay length of 7 to 10 hours. So the player takes the role of young American physicist Hans Tannhauser. Diving into the everyday life of the mysterious village of Trüberbrook. Just to find out he hadn’t got there by accident. He’s here to save the world!
Trüberbrook production is done by btf from Germany. Most making a name for themselves by infamous late night show “Neo Magazin Royale.” Hence a German TV show with Jan Böhmermann. The game funding support includes the Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg. Which also will be published by Headup Games.
The Trüberbrook release coming late 2018 for Linux, Ubuntu, Ubuntu, Mac and Windows. All DRM free & via Steam, PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch in both English and German versions. So check out the Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign.